Best wireless headphones?

I have both. Some don't like the ws4's because of how they sit/fit. The ws5's are great in cold weather and you can really hear those whisper tones because of the way they seal over your ears. I primarily use the ws4's (I like them). There are other (cheaper options) headphones out there that use the puck, but you sold yours. People usually buy those because they don't like the ws4's and the other options that take the puck are cheaper than the ws5's.

I have both. Some don't like the ws4's because of how they sit/fit. The ws5's are great in cold weather and you can really hear those whisper tones because of the way they seal over your ears. I primarily use the ws4's (I like them). There are other (cheaper options) headphones out there that use the puck, but you sold yours. People usually buy those because they don't like the ws4's and the other options that take the puck are cheaper than the ws5's.

I don't like the ws4 because they feel heavy on one side and feels like they can fall off. I love the "on ear" style headphones because I don't like my ears totally covered. I have been looking at the Deteknics and the reviews are pretty good. I will get the ws5's though.

For heavy iron work,,,,the ws4 sound better,,,easier to pick out the smallest of whines.

Ws5 do block out more ambient noise,,,but the tones they produce too low for me when working heavy iron and nails.

I use ws4 in hot weather,,,and the Vance in the winter and when its windy.

The Vance headphones,,,are a bit too snug fitting,,,,I sprung mine out some,,it helped,,,,btw my head is small.
Grey ghost,,,sound just like ws5 to me,,,I gave mine away to friend.

There is one other alternative,,,I've seen it talked about in Deus sub subsection on FM forum.

Mr Sabisch has commented on them,,I've never used.

I have both the WS4 and WS5 headphones. I really like the WS5 ones as they are very comfortable. I also have a pair if the Vance headphones I put the WS4 "Puck" on and they are just as comfortable as the WS5's

Wait, you sold your WS4s and want to know what alternatives exist to the WS5s? You know you need the module from the WS4s for ALL of the 3rd party Deus headphones right?

I wear glasses and the WS4s hurt the top of my ear after a while, though they have enough pressure I just pull them off and down and let they stay pushing on my ears when this happens.

The WS5s are a little loose on my head and the pads fall off far too easily. Had to tape them on with gaffer tape, easy fix for XP but they don't seem to care.

The Grey Ghost have bad muffled sound, avoid. The Vance Muffs are tonally great but uncomfortable over time. I like the new Quantum Whispers for comfort and tone. And Deteknix is coming out with some that the module is recessed into the earphone, no word on tone yet.

Many of these I've done video reviews for on my website in my sig.

Wait, you sold your WS4s and want to know what alternatives exist to the WS5s? You know you need the module from the WS4s for ALL of the 3rd party Deus headphones right?

I wear glasses and the WS4s hurt the top of my ear after a while, though they have enough pressure I just pull them off and down and let they stay pushing on my ears when this happens.

The WS5s are a little loose on my head and the pads fall off far too easily. Had to tape them on with gaffer tape, easy fix for XP but they don't seem to care.

The Grey Ghost have bad muffled sound, avoid. The Vance Muffs are tonally great but uncomfortable over time. I like the new Quantum Whispers for comfort and tone. And Deteknix is coming out with some that the module is recessed into the earphone, no word on tone yet.

Many of these I've done video reviews for on my website in my sig.

I tried a friends WS-5's and don't like the tone they have. I decided to go with the Z-link and use my Sunray pro's. With the WS-4 I need the adapter that has the 1/8 inch plug, I would need to add a 1/4 adapter and that added length would cause undue stress on the part.

I tried a friends WS-5's and don't like the tone they have. I decided to go with the Z-link and use my Sunray pro's. With the WS-4 I need the adapter that has the 1/8 inch plug, I would need to add a 1/4 adapter and that added length would cause undue stress on the part.

What kind of Deus do you have? In other words do you just have the Deus light (no control module) with WS4 or do you have the whole package with module?

I assume you have the control box since you sold your ws4 with puck. I'm not sure how well the z-link is going to work with the Deus controller.

What kind of Deus do you have? In other words do you just have the Deus light (no control module) with WS4 or do you have the whole package with module?

I assume you have the control box since you sold your ws4 with puck. I'm not sure how well the z-link is going to work with the Deus controller.

I have the remote. If the Z-link doesnt work right I'll just have to go wired. Maybe try the Deteknix wireless. Either that or trade the deus, but I can't see that happening.

I hear good things on the Deteknix phones that Sabisch talks about and just released. I was a Vance phone kinda guy but they really were tight. I will be probably going with the Deteknix phones since I have been told they replicate the same tones as the ws4's.

I chose the WS4s because I like the aftermarket options available. I use the Vance Muffs as well because it thought the Grey Ghosts stuck out a bit too much with the puck. The Vances have a lower profile and great sound. They are a bit tight on the head, and my huge ears barely fit inside the muffs. I use wired Grey Ghost Ultimates on my T2 right now and they are more comfy on my ears. I just ordered the Deteknix W6 Pros for the T2 and saw they have a Deus WS4 option coming out. I may give those a shot if I like the W6 Pros. So in my opinion, the WS4 vs WS5 setup on the Deus is more versatile with all the options. I'm sure the more popular the Deus gets, the more options will become available. If you get the WS5s, you're stuck with that. HH

I chose the WS4s because I like the aftermarket options available. I use the Vance Muffs as well because it thought the Grey Ghosts stuck out a bit too much with the puck. The Vances have a lower profile and great sound. They are a bit tight on the head, and my huge ears barely fit inside the muffs. I use wired Grey Ghost Ultimates on my T2 right now and they are more comfy on my ears. I just ordered the Deteknix W6 Pros for the T2 and saw they have a Deus WS4 option coming out. I may give those a shot if I like the W6 Pros. So in my opinion, the WS4 vs WS5 setup on the Deus is more versatile with all the options. I'm sure the more popular the Deus gets, the more options will become available. If you get the WS5s, you're stuck with that. HH

Thats what I'm afraid of, being stuck with a $500 set of headphones. I listened to a friends set and didnt care for the tones they produced. I should have my Z link tomorrow and I hope that works good, if not I will have to use wired till a new option becomes available.

I too found the ws4 phones uncomfortable. I actually bought the adaptor for the headphone module and plug my earbuds into it. I run the chord up under my shirt to keep from getting tangled. I just put the module in my pocket. In cold weather I can wear any hat and in high wind I put hearing protectors over my earbuds. Sure I am not really wireless but I am not tethered to the detector either. I did this because of the high cost of the ws5 phones.

Back
Top Bottom