White's TREASUREmaster Metal Detector vs Ace 250 Metal Detector

Goldencatfish

White's TREASUREmaster Metal Detector vs Ace 250 Metal Detector

Looking for a metal detector for under $300. A bit undecided between the two. Areas searched may has old metal trash. Maybe I will progress to beaches too? I am not confident that I will discriminate that well between tones.

Don't know much about the Whites but I'd step up to the Ace 300 or maybe a Tesoro machine. Unless you want a screen to look at then Garrett would work.

I'd like to have a screen. Looks like the Ace 250 doesn't have VDI numbers :( but the Ace 300 does, and the TREASUREmaster does as well. On the TREASUREmaster with Automatic Ground Balance vs factory preset - has anyone found it really helpful to have automatic over the preset?

They advertise the Garrett Ace 300 Metal Detector as for advanced users which I am not. But in reality is it really user stupid enough for a beginner?

I have the Treasure Pro, which is the next one up from the Treasure Master, and it's a good machine. The automatic ground tracking seems to work well. The VDI has been correct except when it says Gold. I haven't found ant of that yellow stuff yet, but I'm still a newbie.

The machine is really easy to swing, I find it to be nicely balanced. The things I really like about it are that it's weatherproof, and has a backlight, as I hunt mostly at night. I also like the preset programs; coin & jewelry, beach, all metal, & high trash. The high trash has been great, as I hunt a lot of tourist beach areas, where beer is the preferred refreshment. It does great on the dry salt sand.

The screen is easy to read, as it's big. Batteries seem to last forever, and it takes just two AA batteries, which are cheap and readily available. It also has notch discrimination, which is a nice bonus for a machine in this price range. There is also a ground tracking feature is supposed to help in difficult ground, but I haven't had to use it yet, so not really sure how it works.

The pinpointing feature works really really well on it, as well as the depth guesstimation. You'll still want to get a handheld pinpointer, but the machine hasn't had me dig holes all over the place, where it pinpoints, you can be assured the target is right there, and dig.

I bought mine to see if metal detecting was going to be something I liked doing, and it turns out it is. The only problem with the machine is that it, like all of them in this level, is it isn't good for wet salt sand or water. I live so close to the beaches that I have already decided I'll be in the water 50% of the time or more, so I bought a Minelab Explorer SE. An Excalibur is probably on the horizon for me, but that's still a long way from now.

If you will be hunting on land and dry beach, I think the White's is a great machine. I'm sure the Garrett is a good machine, but I've read mixed reviews on the majority of the Garretts stuff (pinpointers as well), that I'm not a fan of Garrett. I even use the White's TRX, which I can't enough good things about. Neither the White's nor the Garrett would be good on the wet sand sand, but I've seen videos of the White's doing just fine in freshwater sand and in the water.

If you're interested in a lightly used White's Treasure Pro, let me know, as I'm selling mine to finance the Explorer, just haven't gotten around to actively selling it yet.

I'm not positive if I want to get a used detector since I wouldn't get the manufacturer's warranty I'd think, and dealing with shipping, and paying etc but, what are you asking for it?
Thanks

If you're interested in a lightly used White's Treasure Pro, let me know, as I'm selling mine to finance the Explorer, just haven't gotten around to actively selling it yet.

I was also considering both of these and I went with the Whites treasure master.I have only had it a short time but I'm enjoying it. I also went with a Whites TRX pin pointer.

Garrett ACE

Take a look at the ACE 400 with the ACE 300 7x10 concentric coil that is listed on the classified forum under "ACE 400 Revised And Relisted". Good deal if I say so myself. Ron

Well, yesterday afternoon I put a $100 deposit down on a White's Treasuremaster detector for my local hobby shop to order. I didn't see KirkS's pm beforehand (have to see if there is a way to opt for email notification when receiving pms in this forum) and I ordered the new detector before CI Guy's post. Well.. I guess I should have waited longer and seen these used higher level machines. Drat.

Back
Top Bottom