Xterra 705 Or MXT All Pro.

The mxt is a very good machine and built like a tank but it's heavy for sure. I own 1 an a couple minelabs (and some others ).
I have not used any in the xterra line but I'm sure they are a good machine. Hunting parks I would suggest a minelab, would be a lot easier on your arm swinging.

XTerra 705 or MXT Pro

Who has used both? Anyone.? If so what are the pros and cons of each. Most usage would be parks and schools. Mostly dirt or wood chips/pea gravel/ground up rubber tires etc etc for playground areas.

Here is a link to the same question on another forum that may help you decide.

https://www.ahrps.org/forums/read.php?2,1923,1923#msg-1923

I've had a MXT Pro for just over a year. I've never used an Xterra 705.

The MXT ground tracking is the best in the business and you can lock it.

I use the 5.3 Eclipse, 8"x6" SEF, and 10"x12" SEF. I just picked up a Whites D2 coil from Bill S on this forum a few weeks ago and need to put it on. I just keep the 8"x6" on all the time and seldom find a reason to take it off.

I had both detectors and still own a 705. The mxt is a great detector but try lugging that thing around all day. I found far more silver with the xterra and even plenty the mxt pro missed. You have all the best advice in the world here and most are telling you go with the minelab. Im not knocking the mxt pro it is an awesome machine but the xterra 705 is better and lighter.

Back
Top Bottom