Finally!!! That monkey is off my back!!

skyblast

On one hand I am thrilled to have dug 23 silver coins and over 700 quarters but the other part of me is beside myself at the fact not one of the 700+ quarters has been silver. All out of the dirt and all clad?!?!?!? What does a guy have to do to find a stinkin silver quarter? The funny part is that in eight months detecting I am only one Tennessee quarter away from completing my 50 state quarter collection. And to top it all off my mother in law only yesterday busts out a silver quarter that she got from a student in the lunch line at the school where she cooks. She's smart to pay attention. Last year a kid gave her ten silver dimes which she replaced with clad ones. Nice move!! In less than one year her silver count is half what mine is and she hasn't stepped foot in a park.

The weird part of the story is how I found my prize. With about a half hour of light left I was approached by a Vietnamese guy who began asking me questions about my metal detector. After about five minutes of talking we parted ways. As I was walking away he gestured towards me to keep on detecting. I guess he must have felt bad that he had interrupted me and wanted me to continue. In my mind I was done for the night, happy with two wheats and two boyscout neckerchief slides. So to kind of oblige him I started detecting again. Man am I glad I did.

Then...about ten swings later bango!! I got this sweet high pitched tone and began to notice all sorts of good numbers across my screen (13-46, 9-48, 12-47, 11-47). I knew it was going to be good. Honestly I expected a dime or maybe some kind of half but in the back of my mind I prayed for a silver quarter. At this point I already knew that after 700+ quarters without finding one I knew that I was somehow jinxed :?:.

Five inches down on the side of a hill at my favorite park I grab a my last handful of dirt at the bottom of the hole and there it was. A 1934 silver quarter!!! Finally!! A beegillion ($175) clad quarters later...definitely worth the wait.

Attachments

• Silver Quarter.jpg
    Silver Quarter.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Silver Quarter far.jpg
    Silver Quarter far.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 329
I guess I'm lucky with my silver quarter earlier this year. Only 5 silvers for me this year.

Nice going!

I wouldn't complain about 700 quarters either!:yes:

Congrats!!

I have only dug 3 silver quarters ever and 20 silver dimes. Isn't it annoying when you get a solid quarter signal that appears deep and you think it may be silver and you pop the plug and an orange quarter is there to greet you? At least its laundry money i guess...

I found my 3rd silver quarter ever today at 10 inches deep and it was a really really iffy signal.

Congrats!!

I have only dug 3 silver quarters ever and 20 silver dimes. Isn't it annoying when you get a solid quarter signal that appears deep and you think it may be silver and you pop the plug and an orange quarter is there to greet you? At least its laundry money i guess...

I found my 3rd silver quarter ever today at 10 inches deep and it was a really really iffy signal.

Wow! Ten inches? That must have been a sort of fun one to find. I love nice deep signals. It creates a lot of suspense

Awesome! I'm glad you finally found your first silver quarter. I dug my first silver Washington (1942) just a few days ago so I can imagine how content you feel especially after finding all them clad quarters! Congrats, continued luck and HH

Congratulations on that long awaited silver quarter Skyblast!!! It's a real beauty, and I am so happy for you!!!! Hope now you will be on your way finding more of them.

All The Best,
Gemmy

Congrats!!!!! My second season and I too have one silver quarter!!!! One of my favorite finds. Nice. Good Story. Thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom