White's TDI

13rannon

Elite Member
Does anyone here own a White's TDI?

If you do let us know how it does for relic hunting and how well you would rate it.

I've always wanted to try one out.

Hey guys, don't have much to say that will help you, but my initial impressions are favorable for the TDI....don't relic hunt, but it seems the machine handles bad ground well enough and can be tweaked via the other controls to suite many hunting environments......my opinion is that you get great bang-for-the-buck with the TDI......you may have heard that the current model TDI is being discontinued; if still around, new ones can be had for $1250.00........a new model will have some sort of improved ground balance mod, and maybe a tweak on the sensitivity side of things....these changes are to cater to our Down Under brothers, because some of their ground is nasty.....price: $1700.00.....hope this helps a bit....Jerry

When's the new TDI coming out and where can you get the old ones for $1250 ?

I tried a White's TDI out today at my local dealer's shop.

I was very impressed.

I took my V3 out and we played with it a little while. I showed him the trouble I was having with bullets not reading again. We played in his test garden for a couple minutes on a buried bullet 9 inches in the ground standing straight up.

The first couple times we had trouble as usual. However after setting the Ground Filter @ 12 Band with single 7.5 freq we finally got the bullet to hit both ways solid with a positive VDI. It wasn't accurate, but it was hitting positive so that is a good step in the right direction.

Now the bullet wouldn't hit on 12 High, 10.5 Band or High. It also wouldn't hit on 12 Band 3 freq either. It had to be on Single 7.5 @12 Band Gain 15.

On the other hand I sat the V3 down and picked the TDI up without even balancing it swang it over the bullet and woke the neighbors up from their nap. Sounded like it was right on top of the ground.

Very impressed with the depth the TDI gives you. The drawback is no display if you call that a drawback. It would be nice to at least have a depth reading.

Back
Top Bottom