detecting oakland/ san francisco area?

grnpt_dtekr

i might take a trip with one of my friends in the next few months out in the san francisco/oakland area and am wondering if anyone has any areas i could start researching/looking into to start hunting. i prefer to hunt inland, rather than on beaches.

thanks!!

GD

Golden Gate Park is a very large park that has been hunted heavily. However, there are still some nice finds being made there in the wooded areas. I haven't hunted it myself, but there are a couple of guys in my club who still bring out a lot of history and old coins.

There is an area of the Park know as "Big Rec", and they are still to this day pulling silver out of there! Gotta work it hard though!

What SeabeeRon said. Hit Big Rec. There's also a couple of parks in Downtown Oakland. They're still pulling stuff from there.

Good Luck. Look forward to seeing what you find.

Check out Snow Park and Lakeside Park. They're both within a mile of each other. I hunted with a friend in both those and there is still stuff being pulled from there.

Last edited:
What SeabeeRon said. Hit Big Rec. There's also a couple of parks in Downtown Oakland. They're still pulling stuff from there.

Good Luck. Look forward to seeing what you find.

Check out Snow Park and Lakeside Park. They're both within a mile of each other. I hunted with a friend in both those and there is still stuff being pulled from there.

Hey Mark, when ya coming out this way again?!?:D Low tides this week!:roll::lol:

Hey Mark, when ya coming out this way again?!?:D Low tides this week!:roll::lol:

Hey Ron how are ya? You know we need to do that. Only next time it won't be a business trip. I think next time it will be a vacation. How are you and Ken doing? Finding any good finds? I really enjoyed hunting with you guy's.

Back
Top Bottom