Garrett At Max

Yeah I’m totally lost with your question..??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, sorry.
I read about this detector and it said it will tell you on the screen if it's junk like iron or if it's silver and or gold. I was wondering if this is true? It sounds like a perfect machine:grin:

Oh, sorry.

I read about this detector and it said it will tell you on the screen if it's junk like iron or if it's silver and or gold. I was wondering if this is true? It sounds like a perfect machine:grin:

It won’t really tell you on the screen... no detector will. It’s on a number scale. 0 for iron 99 is suppose to be highest conductor like a bar of silver.

Gold is a low conductor... just like pull tabs and can slaw so you gotta dig a million to get gold. Silver is a high conductor like 87-96 on AT max. I had one sold it... I preferred the tones of the at pro. It was also heavy and killed my wrist.

If your thinking water proof detector get on a list for the Minelab Equinox. Good luck

It won’t really tell you on the screen... no detector will. It’s on a number scale. 0 for iron 99 is suppose to be highest conductor like a bar of silver.

Gold is a low conductor... just like pull tabs and can slaw so you gotta dig a million to get gold. Silver is a high conductor like 87-96 on AT max. I had one sold it... I preferred the tones of the at pro. It was also heavy and killed my wrist.

If your thinking water proof detector get on a list for the Minelab Equinox. Good luck

Thank you for the help, by the way mine is waterproof already:yes:

Thank you for the help, by the way mine is waterproof already:yes:

The control box on the Ace 400 is not waterproof. Even with the "environmental cover" that comes with the machine, I don't even consider the Ace 400 control box to be weather proof. I strongly advise against allowing it to get wet. The environmental cover only protects the control box/buttons/screen from scratches and/or slopping mud, dirt, and dust all over them.

The control box on the Ace 400 is not waterproof. Even with the "environmental cover" that comes with the machine, I don't even consider the Ace 400 control box to be weather proof. I strongly advise against allowing it to get wet. The environmental cover only protects the control box/buttons/screen from scratches and/or slopping mud, dirt, and dust all over them.

I should of said that the detector coil is suppose to be waterproof. I don't think i will try it though.

Your coil is waterproof.
Back to subject... The At Pro has very nice audio which when learned you can identify most junk probably better than any detector except maybe for E trac and Ctx3030.
I don't know about the At Max.

I use the AT Max. Ive had it since december 2017. Its true what people say that the iron audio almost kills the fun of using the detector but you can set the iron audio on or off.. If i use it its only for a second to check a target. If i hear the iron(low) grunt ill skip it.. It has an indicator 0-99. When a target is detected it puts a notch on the number it gets from the conductivity. No matter what number shows up or what tone you hear you wont know what it is until you dig it up. I have the sound of a penny memorized now and dimes and quarters sound even sweeter. I use it to coin shoot since im new.. Nickels ring around 49 to 52.. Since i coin shoot i bump descrim up to 35 and i notch out anything below 70. I do not notch out 49 - 52 because of the nickels. I dont like digging nickels too often as a balled up pull tab rings the same. So 99% of the time i hunt with 49-52 and 70-99 open. Everything else notched out. If im in a clean area like sand ill run descrim up to 35 and notch out 49 and below. Ill leave 49-99 open. Basically ill only hunt for gold in sand or shallow water.. Dirt ill have coins only open. I jump back and forth from coin mode and zero mode on it depending on my hunt. If im out for awhile ill zero mode it. If its a fast hunt ill coin mode it. My clad totals are not accurate. Just havent tallied them up since my last couple hunts.

Back
Top Bottom