Third one from this site

pa-searcher

I went out today just because of cabin fever and its been a while since our ground is bone dry.The only place I could think of going to has been hammered on by me and others over the past 20 or so years,just because there are 2 springs that run through this site and i knew the ground had to be better than anywhere else.I was a bit apprecencive to just jump into the ferns and weeds after running into a rattlesnake a few weeks ago,but I went for it any ways.I was trying a different program on my xp-deus,but didn't like what i was hearing so I went back to my deep program.After digging about 5 pieces of lead I got a signal and tone that was in the low to mid 80's.I figured it was a flat button and proceeded to dig it up.Around 4 inches it was still in the hole and now it was 85-86 vdi.so i dug a bit more and then i saw a nice shiny disc at the bottom at around 6 inches.I picked it up and knew i had something special.My eyes are not as good as they used to be but i knew it was a half dime...185?..It wasn't until i got home and used my magnifying glass to see that it was an 1853 with arrows half dime.I am still over joyed at finding another piece of old history.This is the 3rd half dime from this site.I dug 2 last year.1839-o and 1847,this site has also given up about 20 Large cents,1836 merchants token and a 1 reale,plus numerous flat buttons.

Attachments

• 7-24-16.jpg
    7-24-16.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 423
  • 7-24-16 rev.jpg
    7-24-16 rev.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 419
  • 7-24-16 all 3.jpg
    7-24-16 all 3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 418
Congrats on the half dime! That one has some amazing detail!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom