Will Etrac with 6x8 Find as much as Ctx with stock coil

rluna

Elite Member
This came up in another thread I had started and wanted to post this as it's
own thread to see what others thought.

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should upgrade from an Etrac to a CTX.

Lets say your hunting an area 80' by 80' feet.
There are 45 silver coins in this area anywhere from 3" to 10" deep.
Some standing alone, some next to iron, some on top, some below iron some
with iron on multiple sides of the coin and at different distances including some touching.
Some next to other coins etc.

So there's our test field :)

How well do you think the Etrac would do compared to the Ctx if you were using an SEF 6x8 coil
on the Etrac and the stock coil on the Ctx.

Of course If you haven't owned and used both machines your probably not going to be able to
answer or give a credible opinion on this but of course all answers are welcome anyway :)

I'm comparing these two with these two coils because if I did get a CTX, the stock coil is the
only one I would be using as not only are the other coils for the Ctx too expensive but I just
do not have the patience to swing a hockey puck on the end of my machine :dontthinkso:

I would however purchase a 6x8 for the etrac...not too small and not too expensive.

Rand

I have the 6x8 SEF butterfly coil fir the Etrac and use it for curb strips. It won't outperform the ctx and stock coil in clean areas but sure if your hunting in extremely trashy areas the smaller coil will pick it a few more keepers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well

CW, on the other thread someone who had did testing discovered the Etrac with the 8x6 sef , out performs the CTX3030 in trashy spots were separation is needed with the 11, and the etrac with the ultimate 13 will out perform the CTX 3030 with the stock coil, Coin Whisperer , Have you actually done this test with the coils stated , as I believe you have both bro., :?::?::?::?::?: PS excusing the ML sales pitch howboutit :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom