Deus headphones?

goodtimecharlie

Elite Member
I have a Deus XP and love it except for the headphones. I perfer a type that blocks out all background noise. I also do not care for the behind the head type earphones. I have read that there were other manufactures that are making phones, but havn't seen much on it. Has anyone out there found a working headphone for the Deus.

I have a Deus XP and love it except for the headphones. I perfer a type that blocks out all background noise. I also do not care for the behind the head type earphones. I have read that there were other manufactures that are making phones, but havn't seen much on it. Has anyone out there found a working headphone for the Deus.

Deus is making some new phones. Should be out soon!

You have quite a few options.

You can wait for the new Deus headphones. I include a picture of what they will look like. The problem is they have a built in controller and will cost you about 475.00. Before you faint you should realize that if you already have the large coil you can purchase these and basically have two detectors.

Chefphones makes a full headphone that your existing controller can clip to. Here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CP6-Headpho..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3f20762bf8

Or you can wait for a little controller clip. The existing controller will clip on it. It has a 1/4 inch headphone jack on it. Put your controller on it and plug in any headphones you want. I prefer earbuds myself. I include a picture of it.

I should mention that very soon these new headphones and the yet to be released 11 inch coil will be options with the purchase of a new Deus. And as you can see the new headphone pics are from Garysdetecting.

Attachments

• ws5-screen.jpg
    ws5-screen.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,970
  • ws5-front.jpg
    ws5-front.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,898
  • WS4 jack output 3.jpg_thumb.jpg
    WS4 jack output 3.jpg_thumb.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
You have quite a few options.

You can wait for the new Deus headphones. I include a picture of what they will look like. The problem is they have a built in controller and will cost you about 475.00. Before you faint you should realize that if you already have the large coil you can purchase these and basically have two detectors.

Chefphones makes a full headphone that your existing controller can clip to. Here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CP6-Headpho..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3f20762bf8

Or you can wait for a little controller clip. The existing controller will clip on it. It has a 1/4 inch headphone jack on it. Put your controller on it and plug in any headphones you want. I prefer earbuds myself. I include a picture of it.

I should mention that very soon these new headphones and the yet to be released 11 inch coil will be options with the purchase of a new Deus. And as you can see the new headphone pics are from Garysdetecting.

Thanks for the Info I think for 475.00 they can keep there headphones, however an aftermarket pair may just be what I need. thanks!

Not mine but be creative :)

HFC1.jpg

HFC2.jpg

I also saw modified headphones so the unit clips on. $15 job if you're handy ;)
Will find some pictures later.

I talked to Danny at Chefphones he said he is waiting on parts, but should have more avalible soon so I'm on the list for one as soon as there are avalible.

Back
Top Bottom