First Silver of 2014, Wheats, Military Token, Toys!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Opened the year with a 4 hour hunt at the same spot I've been hunting for months. Starting to slow down on number of targets, but still pulling keepers.

On board with first silver of year...1943P War Nickel that was worst shape one I've ever dug. Cleaned up with some baking soda at home. Also got a 1947 Jefferson. Picked up half a dozen wheaties dated back to 1934.

Picked up a $1.40 in clad and a Military Unit Challenge Coin. It is from a USAF Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron stationed at Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia. Also scored a 1970 Rabies Tag and what I think may have been part of a cuff link. Very heavy ornate copper piece.

I also got a great start on my 2014 Toy Vehicle fleet with 4; a large Late 70s Camaro, a Baja Bug, a pick up and a little sports car (#2 of this type in last month).

It was a good way to start the 2014 MDing season!

Last edited:
Short hunt today because we got rained out. 3 Wheats with the (new to me) DD coil and one copper. The other was an English cent (modern).

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 260
Same short hunt with Dave. 3 wheats with 1929S, but find of morning was my VW Micro Bus by Lesney! Another great vintage toy .

ma2e5ede.jpg

qypa7u7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Omega seems to be working well for you...congrats on the silver, the VW bus and the F-body Pontiac...nice digs!

Thanks Capt. I really like this machine. Running it wide open when I can with settings you recommended. Two hunts and silver each time. Gotta like that. From an area we've hit hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom