• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hey Tesoro guys need advice

fledge

Hey I have been in a love affair with my compadre for about 3 weeks now. I have decided I am definitely a beep and dig detector. I have passed up so much from not having faith in VDI machines like my 250. I am looking to get a new detector and need help deciding between two of them I am mainly looking for coins and jewelry. I want SILVER!!! It has been 4 years and none. Which machine would be the best for deeper coins. The Vaquero or the Tejon? Price doesn't matter and I don't really care about the pinpoint function. Which do you guys have and why do you like it. Thanks all.

welcome to the Tesoro side,,,,, can't help ya but hope ya have fun,,,, I run a Silver and have heard the Tejon is good but never used one,,,

A silver Umax will hit hard on deeper silver coins. I had one and am wishing I hadn't sold it now! :roll: I found a silver quarter in a cotton field with it.

Call 1-928-771-2646 and ask to speak to Rusty Henry (not anyone else). If he is not there, ask to leave him a message. I think a Vaquero would work great for you, but talk to Rusty and tell him where you live (soil) and what you want to find. Feel free to tell him I told you to call. Good Luck! :cool:

Hey I have been in a love affair with my compadre for about 3 weeks now. I have decided I am definitely a beep and dig detector. I have passed up so much from not having faith in VDI machines like my 250. I am looking to get a new detector and need help deciding between two of them I am mainly looking for coins and jewelry. I want SILVER!!! It has been 4 years and none. Which machine would be the best for deeper coins. The Vaquero or the Tejon? Price doesn't matter and I don't really care about the pinpoint function. Which do you guys have and why do you like it. Thanks all.

I love my Tejon, it runs at a much higher frequency (17.5khz) than the other Tesoro vlfs (except the Lobo Supertraq, that runs at same frequency), which makes it very sensitive to smaller/low conductive items, especially gold. It picks up earring backs and pencil lead thick gold chains at about 4 inches, and the best part, is most high frequency machines aren't very deep, they specialize in hitting small items at shallow depths, but the Tejon is also super deep on coins. It hits a Nickel at about 14 inches in an air test with the 10x12 widescan coil.

I dont do much if any land hunting, strictly beach hunting, but have dug some nice deep coins, maybe in the 10-12 inch range.

Only problem is it takes 8 aa batteries, which is part of the reason it is so deep, but you are going to need a recharger and 8 rechargeable batteries or it will get expensive.

You need to hunt areas that hold silver. Hard to believe you can hunt 4 years and not even get a rosie. Find some homes or the grassy strips that date to the 50 s or earlier. Concentrate on what the detector is saying. Use minimum disc. Hell,you can get an etrac,but if you dont hunt an older area,and learn to use it,youll gwt no silver

eeny meeeny myyyyny moe................:laughing:
That's basically what you're gonna do when it comes down to the final moment. I'm just going to say you will be happy with either. The Tejon's dual discrimination is awesome, and the Vaquero's lightning fast target sampling will make you cry,(happy tears).:grin:

I never used a tejon, but the vaquero is a good machine. I wouldn't recommend the cibola for the lack of GB

My next machine will probably be the Vaquero, I've heard great things (especially from Digger27) and my uncle runs that and loves it. If price isn't an than its your call!

The new Tesoro Outlaw should be shipping soon, if not already. Package comes with 3 coils for $550. 12x10, 8" and 5.75" coils.

Back
Top Bottom