• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My straight shaft

Dirtfishn350

Forum Supporter
Found me a piece of pipe, bike handle & a of 4" pvc. This was the end result. Let me know what you think, I did order a cam lock & will add when it arrives...
Have about 10.00s in it.

Soon as I get the cable clams I can finish the water proof box.

Looks great, and just think how much you saved. You get the same results as a store bought shaft. But for a lot less.

:yes: I have a waterproof box to house the control box in. Need to order a couple cable clams & a 6pin extension cable. I'll make a harness myself, then I should be set...
Thanks for the replies!

Last edited:
Which control box are you going to put in the waterproof container?

Which control box are you going to put in the waterproof container?

Setting it up for the xterra, then I'll have the best of both worlds... It's been a whole lot of research though. Should have my cable extension cord by Friday. Then just need some cable clams to make the box water tight, where the cables go through. (Check out swiper detecting on utube) His one that got this idea rolling.

Last edited:
Found me a piece of pipe, bike handle & a of 4" pvc. This was the end result. Let me know what you think.

Looks great! I made one with carbon fiber last spring. You can take that bike handle, cut it, insert a pipe, and straighten it out. I used Gorilla glue to secure the pipe at both ends.

R5

Nice job, I've always wonder why pvc hasn't been used. I was going to make one last year but never really need another straight shaft. Once again nice job DF360..

Also DF 360 try running the coil wire through the shaft itself it will protect the cable and less friction while water hunting.

Looks good!
I also love the way you said cable clams twice:lol::laughing:
I used to work with a guy and we called beam clamps beam clams:lol:

Back
Top Bottom