Three Days of Rain? Nooooooooooooo...

PlasteredDragon

Elite Member
How am I supposed to get my metal detecting fix? My birthday is tomorrow and I was hoping to go out detecting! I found some old maps and was going to hit some places for permission! NOooooooooooooooooooooo!

So... what do you guys do when the weather doesn't cooperate?

Edit: I stopped at the bank and got a box of pennies. Maybe I can CRH my way through to the other side...

How am I supposed to get my metal detecting fix? My birthday is tomorrow and I was hoping to go out detecting! I found some old maps and was going to hit some places for permission! NOooooooooooooooooooooo!

So... what do you guys do when the weather doesn't cooperate?

Edit: I stopped at the bank and got a box of pennies. Maybe I can CRH my way through to the other side...

You could wait a half hour in the rain outside of the Leominster registry, like I did. What a cruel trick it is of them to open at 10AM on Thursdays instead of 9AM like they do the rest of the week.

Fly fishing is good in the rain. Harder to spook the trout that way.

Put a plastic bag over the control box and go hunt...best time to dirt dig for the deep older stuff is when the ground is soaked. Happy Birthday by the way!

You must be new to Mass. What those of us who have been here a while do when we get 3 days of rain in late October is thank God over and over again that it is rain. Rain means it is TOO WARM TO SNOW. Plus rain makes the ground easy to dig and improves the signals. Don't ever complane about rain, especially this late in the season.
This winter is just gonna suck isn't it? :roll:

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

You must be new to Mass. What those of us who have been here a while do when we get 3 days of rain in late October is thank God over and over again that it is rain. Rain means it is TOO WARM TO SNOW. Plus rain makes the ground easy to dig and improves the signals. Don't ever complane about rain, especially this late in the season.
This winter is just gonna suck isn't it? :roll:

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

LOL. I've lived in Massachusetts for 46 years. :D

Yeh, not looking forward to the snow. I guess given the choice, the rain is better. ;)

Yeah the ATPro is waterproof--unfortunately I'm not. :) I may tough it out this afternoon anyway. We'll see.

you could always go out and get your "permissions" taken care of so that the next dry day you are set to go.

We just got a months worth of rain in 3 days here... The weather has been wacky for the past two years, way more rain that in the past. Last year we only got two months of dry season and then 10 months of rain almost every damn day... I'm ready to hit the countryside but it's waaaay to overgrown out there...

I prefer to hunt in the rain. If you sweat, buy some frogg toggs or something more expensive that breathes. As long as there isn't any lightning, I'm good:lol:

One of the best times to hunt. I love to see the other swingers pack it up and run for home when it rains. I guess they worry they are going to get their hair wet. I have one up on then, I'm practically bald and I like the rain.:shock::lol:

Tomorrow will be 75 and sunny, here in Chattanooga,TN. I'm off so you won't find a roof over my head, all day!

I remember plenty of times where it would be raining here and I'd watch the news. I'd see other spots of the country where it wouldn't be raining and perfect weather. I'd think, man, I'd love to be detecting there!

Back
Top Bottom