2 things.....

Vermonster

Elite Member
First one is a chain, and I am guessing to a drain plug maybe? Did I locate a bathroom???? :yes:

Second, is a knob of some sort, has rust, so in and of itself is not valuable. Trying to figure out what it went to though. It freely spins in the base, which became separated from what it was attached to. Found at a location where I found the 1887 V Nickel. The writing, as best I can make out, says "Banker Pat. Sep. ---- MEX (Maybe) 4.86"

Anyone?

Chain_zps2a344abd.jpg

Knob_zpscb9d9933.jpg

Knob2_zps746f0e53.jpg

That chain looks exactly like the chains used on a drain stopper on a clawfoot bath tub. The last link still has the remains of the round link that was connected to the rubber plug.

The chain can be for anything, hanging signs in stores comes to mind. It is still being made today and can be bought by the foot.

The knob thing looks like an old radiator or gas cap. What does the writing say on it?

The knob thing looks like an old radiator or gas cap. What does the writing say on it?

"Banker Pat. Sep. ---- MEX (Maybe) 4.86"

Not from any type of vehicle. Horse and buggy where this was found. It might be a sort of knob off a drawer, but don't know why that would be patented.:?:

Wow! Whaddya know...... :shock:

Has to be that. Kinda thin metal, but it was definitely torn off something..... Great job finding that! Property is late 1800's, so that fits perfectly......

Edit: BTW, didn't know they had a Patent page. Just found 3 grommet type things today with a patent date of August 24, 1884. Typed in "Grommet August 24 1884", and got an instant hit for a "Sail Grommet". Too cool...... ;)

Back
Top Bottom