First Curb Strip Hunt

I showed a friend 2 of my unknown relics. He was able to help identify.

Excelsior Shoes for the Boyscouts July 1910 token

US Military Coat button

https://inkspotantiques.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're becoming the quite the curbstrip master. I missed this thread so I just went through it now. I'm not surprised to see the difference headphones made.

If you don't want to be tempted to dig anything much deeper than 6 inches in a curbstrip---and that's totally understandable--you can lower the sensitivity quite a bit if you haven't already. It's not a bad idea in any trash dense area.

Here's an experiment: The next few times you get a "for sure" coin signal, turn your sensitivity down a little at a time until the audio starts to fade out and the footprint gets noticeably smaller (i.e., making it harder to catch with the toe or heel of the coil). You might be surprised at how low you can go, how much quieter everything else is, and how much more separation you can hear between adjacent objects. Dig the coin and make note of the depth. If you can still consistently hit 6 inch dimes with the sensitivity on 16 or 18, then that's something to consider.

Thanks for the tips. I am about out of curb strips in front of businesses with historical value. I dont feel like doing residential strips as I cant deal with all the Karens and Darens out there. I got up today for my one day off excited to go metal detect. I woke up and realized I dont really have a place to go. Has that ever happened to you guys haha. Im pretty frustrated.

1b572cd6ec8e24025b4533fd36881cd6.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I am about out of curb strips in front of businesses with historical value. I dont feel like doing residential strips as I cant deal with all the Karens and Darens out there. I got up today for my one day off excited to go metal detect. I woke up and realized I dont really have a place to go. Has that ever happened to you guys haha. Im pretty frustrated.

Hit those curb strips again and again.

Back
Top Bottom