Help from Garrett users

olmanofthepines

Still learning...... I normally run my AT Max on Zero with 35 on the iron discrimination, and ground balanced before I start. I've done what I call pretty good with it so far but my question is, at what point, tone and number do most decide to dig or not to dig. I'm mostly coin and relic hunting and usually dig 60-70's and above. Am I missing out by not digging some of the lower tones and numbers? I've been working a vacant lot in town and have found a lot of junk and a few cool artifacts but no older coins. Some of the artifacts I can date to the 1920's but the only coins have been modern and close to the road and sidewalk. Thanks in advance for your help!
O

I use the At pro so when I am looking for gold I dig solid sounding tones usually vdi 53 and below.
For coins I usually disc out pennies unless I am finding very little of anything.
Location is key. Luck is in it also. Happy detecting 😀

I run wide open,no disc and let my ears eliminate iron unless your in an area covered with iron then disc out some iron to quiet it down dig the mid tones 40 to 75 is where the gold hides keep digging pop tops and foil thats what gold sounds like.I never actually look at numbers i go by sound

Thanks for the tips guys! trying to save wear and tear on my old knees LOL! I'll dig more, and move more slower. I sure do enjoy this addiction, er, hobby.

Back
Top Bottom