used Explorer SE Pro or new ETrac

Surfchunker

Elite Member
Tomorrow ends Minelabs deal on the proswing thing with the Etrac so I have over nite to basically make up my mind. My Local Dealer has a used Explorer SE Pro less than a year old and half the price of a new Etrac ... Really want to say the Etrac but just wondering if it would be worth it for twice the price ... then if I do get it will I always be wondering if I should have gotten the Etrac ... really hate to spend twice as much but there will always be that doubt

Tomorrow ends Minelabs deal on the proswing thing with the Etrac so I have over nite to basically make up my mind. My Local Dealer has a used Explorer SE Pro less than a year old and half the price of a new Etrac ... Really want to say the Etrac but just wondering if it would be worth it for twice the price ... then if I do get it will I always be wondering if I should have gotten the Etrac ... really hate to spend twice as much but there will always be that doubt

how about a used E-Trac?

he doesn't have one used and I really like my dealer ... great guy and I trust him ... buy used from someone else is kinda of a shot in the dark ... if he did I would go that route ... the Explorer SE Pro has a little over 2 years warranty left on it

I can't tell you which way to go but I have the SE Pro and I love it. That being said, I hope to someday step up to the E-trac. Not sure how much better the E is over the SE Pro but I'm the kind of person who always wants better. When I bought the SE I was going to my local dealer with the intention of buying the Safari. He offered me such a great deal on the SEP, I couldn't turn it down.

I love my local dealer nothing wrong with the sponsors here, but he said I can have it sent to your house or when I get back in town I can bring it you and we can go out hunting at any spot you want for a few hours and help get you started with it and answer any questions you have while we're out. Great Service

My Local dealer called today and he is coming down tomorrow with my ETrac and it charging it this evening putting it all together, and going to tweak a couple of the programs for me and make sure everything works like it should. Like the regular coin program misses 1/2 dollars and a couple of his favorite setups. going to spend a couple hours with me hunting my honey hole and get me started and be there for any questions I have as I hunt. and throwing in Andy's book too. That is Great Service. Thanks Keith @ Ft Bedford Metal Detectors

Little John

I don't see me getting it right away but when the stock battery dies I will get one. I did also order a 8x6 SEF coil for it today ... it was a toss up between it and the Coiltec 6" treasureseeker coil

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm sure you will have no regrets. I too reccommend the RNB battery and SEF coils. GL and HH. Matt

got to play with it some and found a 67 clad dime a copper memorial, but till I get the hang of it the 705 will still get a good bit of use.

The 705

Will be your back up machine, now coils you want are, don't worry about the 6 accelerator, if you want that one I can sell you mine , used once, get the 8x6 and 10x12 sefs that's all you will need, your machine will come with the 11dd pro coil, but the 1st extra coil I would get would be the 8x6 sef, enjoy your machine Earl

good choice, always buy the best you can afford, I found that out the hard way. That way you will never wonder "what if". The SE is a top end machine no doubt, but the E-trac has some extra features that a lot of people seem to enjoy. I still wish I had gotten the Hemi in my Jeep instead of the small block 4.7. :D

Earl

I ordered the 8x6 last night ... I hunt in a lot of trashy spots and don't really see it coming off very often. My dealer did bring down a Sunray X5 that I swung on it today ... nice coil

I here ya

Never used the x5 , but I would be willing to bet the 8x6 sef would beat it out, just like the accelerator 6 , I have, once I put the 6x8 on ,I haven't used that coil on sidewalk strips, or trashy school yards since, your starting off good, happy hunting, Earl

I read the reviews by Bryce on the different coils and really liked what he had to say about the 8x6 SEF coil. I would love to see one like it for my XTerra

Surf Chunker

Ya this is the thing, I have an 8x6 for the etrac, a 10x12 for the F75se, I would like a 8x6 for the F75se and 10x12 for the Etrac and Gt , but dag gone, the coil cost is getting like buying machines, we need more universal coils that we can switch around from machine to machine, I notice that teknetics gamma series are looking up :yes: in this direction, 16 coils here :roll: ya see what I am tring to get across, Earl ( interchangeable coils is a good thing)

Back
Top Bottom