Good Detector for deep finds

johnhook40

I'm looking to find or build my own metal detector and I was hoping this forum could help me. What is the greatest distance down that a metal detector can find metal? I'm looking for a smaller hand held device, but I want it to detect down about 2,000 ft. I also don't want magnetometers. Do you guys have any advice for me?

I'm looking to find or build my own metal detector and I was hoping this forum could help me. What is the greatest distance down that a metal detector can find metal? I'm looking for a smaller hand held device, but I want it to detect down about 2,000 ft. I also don't want magnetometers. Do you guys have any advice for me?

The only long range detectors I've read about, that "can" do that sort of distance, involve bent coat hangers, or a pendulum... How do you figure on recovering your target at that depth? That's quite a hole in the ground, don't think commonly drill wells anywhere close to that. Pretty sure that's a little too deep in water as well.

I seriously doubt even the best plumbbob could detect Uranus if it were in a hole in the ground.

LRLs are a gimmick.

Dowsing Ive personally seen work on buried pipes but I would think 2000 feet below ground would be exceeding even the wildest imagination.

Plus...what are you going to dig the 2,000 foot deep hole with...a Lesche or maybe a predator shovel?

For that depth you are into mining and going to have to sink a shaft. Would love to here the story you tell the govt agencies for that one. :laughing:

My Tesoro Outlaw will take care of the first 8 inches. :cool:

Good to know!

Been wondering about the depth on the F2 cause sometimes i get these iffy signals that i can't locate, guessing maybe it locked onto the earths core!!

Lol

Like the old saying goes, "I don't know where your going, but you can't get there from here",,,LOL... I think you might have to make your own MD for that one! We are a friendly forum here so if you are serious, realize you are getting the only replies possible for your question!!! GL & HH.....Pat

It would be easier to travel to the other side of the earth as the targets you are wanting to dig will be closer to the surface there.

Yep you need a minelab. Call Bart at Big Boys and tell him what you need. Make sure you tell him I sent you. Are you the same guy that sold all that dental gold a while back? If so I also have a bridge for sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

wow. the ability to build your own detector certainly impressed me.i would appreciate you keeping us advised regarding your build.the difference in "box" size between my jetco w/a meter,circa 1973 or so i think,and then my garrett treasure ace 100 is phenominal to say the least.

the difference in "box" size between the ace 100 and my tesoro cibola made me think the cibola was a fake/toy,i almost didn't buy it because of that fact,and now reading that an individual has the talent and skills to build their own detector leaves me w/a blown mind.

surely the op is sincere-

Pretty sure you are just feeding the troll. :D

you think? i did insert the sarcastic ending,meant to throw most off my original intent.didn't work,did it?

i was sincere regarding the unit sizes.amazingly,i have my three detectors lined up and the difference in size is astounding.technology has indeed been remarkable-

Back
Top Bottom