Omega 8k or f75?

detectingpro

I'm selling my AT Pro, and replacing it with either a used f75 or a demo omega. The omega still has a warranty, and the f75 does not. I hunt for coins mostly. I'm leaning towards the f75, because the depth is outstanding, but the fact that it has no warranty turns me off... So what do you guys think? Omega or f75?

I'm selling my AT Pro, and replacing it with either a used f75 or a demo omega. The omega still has a warranty, and the f75 does not. I hunt for coins mostly. I'm leaning towards the f75, because the depth is outstanding, but the fact that it has no warranty turns me off... So what do you guys think? Omega or f75?

If you're a coinshooter I'd go with the Omega. I've had both and the Omega is about the best for coins I've used.

I have 2 AT Pros and love them BUT.... I also have a Omega 8000 and I am telling you this thing finds coins! It was killing it with nickels last time I went out and dimes the time before that.
I have heard a lot of talk about EMI problems but have only experienced it once and after turning the sensitivity down a couple notches, it disappeared. I recommend the 11" DD coil.

I ran a F75 LTD for 2+ years, switched to the Omega, then bought my current one from Awendaw...the Omega with the 11" coil is as deep seeking as the Fisher, in my opinion, and perhaps a little more accurate on id'ing silver at depth. I never found EMI to be much of a issue with either machine, but the Omega is a little quieter in that regard.

Have both

go with the Omega for coin shooting, the F75 is geared more for relic hunting, omega runs much smother, 7.8 vs 13 khzs, also the coils are all interchangeable in the Greek series, and the Omega is half the price, Earl

Back
Top Bottom