200,000 Signatures Needed To Prevent Wolf Murdering

havefaith

Elite Member
Hi everyone. I am an on-line conservationist. George Bush wants to decimate the wolf packs that have taken many years of hard work and dedication of bringing the grey wolf back from the brink of extinction. the wolf is still on the Endangered Species Act.
The government has purchased planes and helicopters that are capable of gunning down entire packs of wolves!
The Bush Admin. wants to murder these wolves where ever there is a smaller population of Elk. Studies show that the Elk herd is much higher than Bush is saying. Human habitation, construction of Elk habitat, hunting, and drought, all contributing factors in a SMALL decline, not just by wolves trying to survive. Please help the wolves survive this attack from the Bush Admin. He is defying the ESA!!!!!! Thanx in advance.

HaveFaith

www.nrdcactionfund.org/

I am a conservative, yet not a religious nut. I believe in evolution blah blah blah. Man has mesed up the natural balance of fauna life so bad that who know what effect this will have. Please give more details, I am open minded. Your scenario does not show what the issue is. pPlease explain more, Id like to learn, also, where did you get info that the President has ordered helicopters to kill wolfs? I find that very hard to believe, but again, Ill await your response. Please cite your sources.

Thanks, Paul

I am a conservative, yet not a religious nut. I believe in evolution blah blah blah. Man has mesed up the natural balance of fauna life so bad that who know what effect this will have. Please give more details, I am open minded. Your scenario does not show what the issue is. pPlease explain more, Id like to learn, also, where did you get info that the President has ordered helicopters to kill wolfs? I find that very hard to believe, but again, Ill await your response. Please cite your sources.

Thanks, Paul

I don't find it hard at all to believe! This has been an ongoing issue for a while now, and it is not the only one that Bush has his hands in.

From what I've seen over the last few years, of Higher government thinking they are above the law, and can do as they please, I would not be surprised at all if it were true. I will read about, and probably sign the petition. There were several conservation issues that I, along with many others did not agree with the president on. And every one of them had to do with big businesses profiting. See that Havefaith......you got me started.

From what I've seen over the last few years, of Higher government thinking they are above the law, and can do as they please, I would not be surprised at all if it were true. I will read about, and probably sign the petition. There were several conservation issues that I, along with many others did not agree with the president on. And every one of them had to do with big businesses profiting. See that Havefaith......you got me started.

:yes: , lol. Yeah like the Artic Wildlife Refuge? It is still a big issue, and is coming up for a vote AGAIN! The one that really got me was Bush said he thought that all military shouldn't have to "obey the Endangered species Act"! He is so anti-environmental it kills me. Thanx for your reply.

HaveFaith

We have a few wolves here in Washington, though not officially. The forest service claim we do not, but hunters on occasion will see them in the mountains. Our neighbor Idaho to, has a few packs. I like the idea of the wolves being around. We not only have global warming to be concerned with. The earth is so far out of balance, we may have global warming under control before we see the earth balanced again.....if ever!

Just sent my letter.....love those wolves....I go to Alaska every August and love seeing them roam...

Thank you lots!!! If Bush gets his way, you won't be seeing many wandering anywhere! The wolves deserve to have a chance at life.Wolves are a part of our American history. It just amazes me that they are still on the Endangered list, and Bush wants to decimate them!!! Yeah Bush wants to destroy the Artic too! My fav animals are Birds of Prey, and wolves. So I thank you for signing to petition to help an animal who is still an endangered species.

HaveFaith

We have a few wolves here in Washington, though not officially. The forest service claim we do not, but hunters on occasion will see them in the mountains. Our neighbor Idaho to, has a few packs. I like the idea of the wolves being around. We not only have global warming to be concerned with. The earth is so far out of balance, we may have global warming under control before we see the earth balanced again.....if ever!

Extinction is 4-Ever!, and I will not sit back and do nothing, I just can't! There are so many animals that are threatened, and we are killing them 1 by 1. Just loss of habit alone, never mind pollution. You're right about global warming, and the earths balance. Sad isn't it?

That's cool that there is wolves where you live, and Idaho is one of the states where Bush wants the murdering to begin, Wyoming the other.

We have until August 6 to send in petitions. The "license to kill" begins in October. Please go to":

www.nrdcactionfund.org

Thank you, HaveFaith

Please, refrain from making incendiary and controversial statements about individuals when posting on this board. It isn't a political forum and definitely not the proper avenue for such expressions.

I'm going to say one thing here... its not Bush and I get tired of certain groups blaming him for every little thing that goes wrong...

Read this paragraph:

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) announced today a proposal to remove gray wolves in the northern Rockies from the federal endangered species list. The decision would hand wolf management responsibilities over to some states.

Where does that say Bush is going to allow planes and helicopters to kill wolves?

Last time I looked Fish and Game was not named Bush.

I also read its the farmers who are complaining about losing their livestock to these wolves...

I see nothing wrong with bringing this topic to the attention of others but please lets refrain from playing the blame game...

Wasn't meant to be a political thing but there is documentation stating that the Bush admin. wants this to happen, To me it is more of an animal right issue.

WWW.nrdcactionfund.org

gives the information on this issue. Also, most of the action groups have replaced any animal a farmer may have lost.

Havefaith, you are putting forth a political opinion. I for one don't think it has a place on this forum. There are plenty of political forums and animal rights forums out there that you can go to and debate the wolves or anything else you want having to do with your opinion. This is a forum of many people with a shared interest in metal detecting. Each has their own beliefs and a right to those beliefs. I think you are way off base with your thread. To me, it isn't as much about wolves as it is your beliefs about the current administration. Again, you have a right to those beliefs, but take them somewhere else. Not everyone here shares those beliefs and would like to keep this forum as a Metal Detectors forum.

One of the best things about this forum is its lack of politics(outside of metal detecting), and hopefully it can stay that way.

I've caused enough flare-ups over the years, but thanks. I decided my longer reply wasn't worth the trouble. I surely don't want to cause any blow-ups here, cause I love this place so much. Which reminds me I need to send in some $. I'm grateful for this forum and I don't think this thread is worth me getting into trouble with the admins. :) I'm not ever sure I'm ok with my signature line......it links to a site about current events from a decidedly conservative viewpoint( although the creator doesn't take a particular political position in general). Anyway, someone tell me if the link is a no-no and I'll remove it, asap.

Can't help feeling the way I do, but at the same time, you guys are right..... This is probably not the place for politics. Like Cmfct-PI "I see nothing wrong with bringing this topic to the attention of others but please lets refrain from playing the blame game...", I feel it was okay, and even good for havefaith to post what she did, but maybe we shouldn't throw the political part into it on this forum. I apologize if I angered anyone.

Don

I am not Americas biggest Bush supporter

HaveFaith, I am positive "Dubya" is no expert on the wolf, spotted owl, or any other endangered species. There are true experts within the dept of interior and wildlife management in our country who study in depth and advise. My gut feeling is no matter WHO is in the white house nothing will change regarding the decisions and recommendations made by the above mentioned departments. I am in favor of all species coexisting with farmers, the logging industry, and homeowners as well. Activism with concern to animal rights has P.O.ed a lot of people in it's path. The spotted owl fiasco was a lie. The implantation of hybrid wolves another. I recall an incident with the company I worked for trying to expand the working area by 4 acres. The animal rights people who were against it just happened to find a species of box turtle (one) never before seen above 300 miles south of that site. It stopped progress for better or worse. (The ends justify the means). I want all species to survive in a heathy enviroment. I noticed the website you mentioned had an emphasis on donations. Maybe those donations could be used to capture and relocate these animals in question to a more suitable area like around Berkley. The donation issue always grabs my attention when I try to read between the lines....Best of luck in your efforts....Gil

Back
Top Bottom