Good to be here

bullnose

Greetings,

I'm just getting started in the hobby after going on my first relic hunt last year in South Carolina. I'm heading back down there in March to go on another hunt.

I'm in the process of researching what metal detector to buy, as well as scouting some potential sites to hunt here in my home state of Michigan.

I'm lucky in that the person I hunted with in SC this past year is someone I met years ago when I was in the Navy and stationed there. I reconnected with him via Facebook a couple years ago and that's how the trip came about.

He's been an excellent source of advice, which included finding forums like this to learn from the collective wisdom of others, as well as talking through what kind of metal detector to get that fits my budget and will be good for the areas/things I'll be hunting.

The Cliff's Notes version is I'm soaking up information like a sponge and this sure seems like a good place to do it. I look forward to learning from the collective wisdom here.

Regards -

Bill

I have heard it said that once you drink the water from Goose Creek you will always want to come back. I just decided to stay when I retired from the Navy. Yall come back now ye heah.

Back
Top Bottom