first finds

rockdev

Just thought I would post up a couple or pic's from my first two outings, on the way to the spot I seen a big kangaroo sitting amongst the trees so I thought you guys might like to see it.

I think I found some world war 2 condensed milk tubes, they were rolled up tightly so I carefully unrolled them but there pretty damaged.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy the pics and a merry Xmas to all from Australia.

cheers

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Great Finds!!!! Thank you for the Kangaroo pic as well!!! Do you see a lot of them? Wonder if they're like the white tail deer here???

Good job on what you have found. Keep swinging and good luck. And I like the picture of your bouncy little friend.

Thanks guys for the replies had lots of fun and certainly addicted I believe:D

Just to answer a few questions:

The roo was a good size alright, his mate was sitting in the bush beside him on the left hand side.Yes they do get very aggressive I wouldn't approach them in the wild there are a very powerful animal. We dont see many roos unless were out in the bush or driving country roads.

The coins were just spendable's just over $13 worth but yes very happy.

I am still learning the x-terra and the different sounds, I pretty much just use all metal with nothing notched out or discriminated till I get the hang of it. But so far I think its a good starter for me anyway.

About gold nuggets, I am about 50 km from one of the biggest open cut gold mines in the world "Mt Morgan", It has been closed for many years though so no detecting around there.

I actually need to get out and do some research as there are many other abandoned mines all around our area but not sure on detecting them as there mostly all alluvial gold sites.

cheers guys

Attachments

• roo1-2.resized.jpg
    roo1-2.resized.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 165
Nothing wrong with that start mate. They will continue to improve along the way. Merry Christmas to you all also. HH

Back
Top Bottom