Couple more silvers

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Private permissions have been hard to come by lately so I've been hitting a local park the last few times out. First time, I did get a 44 GW, But the next couple times I just missed silver, a 65 dime, next time a 65 quarter. Each time I did get a wheatie and added to the clad coffers. So Wed, this week I told the neighbor I am trying new settings on the Etrac, now I've been over his yard probably as many times as mine, He ask if I was gonna pay his mine subsidence insurance premium from all the diggin I 've been doing. I was able to dig another .40 clad, a wheatie and I cornered a war nickle on the edge of his property. I coulda swore I cleaned him out over the last two years. Huh ? So armed with my new settings the next afternoon I was headed back to the park when I spotted one of the local mailman out of uniform talking to an on duty mailman. I said, You live here? After a few moments of conversation, explaining my affliction to him I had my first permission in a while. Not a big front yard but I had hope of a target rich environment. I could not get a repeatable signal,in quickmask the numbers, the cursor and tones just went crazy, jumping all over the place. A half dozen wheaties, and a Merc dime --.27 clad-a few cool finds, a matchbox, a US lapel army pin, not bad for a couple hours. Back to the park today I got 2.49 in clad a couple wheaties, and silver # 42. Laying flat about seven in. down was a 1950 Rosie. hehll ya, I'll take it. A couple weeks back I spied an empty lot, tax records showed an investment firm held title. I stopped and ask permission,explaining I'm a history hunter, the receptionist took my number and said she would pass it on. A week goes by, nothing, I decide to do a follow up call. Again they take my number. Yea OK I get it. Wed., I'm in the neighbors yard, my phone rings, its the girl from the investment firm, her boss wants me to stop in and sign a contract on any finds I get. Wo-wo, I explained, miss I am hobbyist, not a professional treasure hunter- I scratch on my hands and knees for old coins and tokens, now if I would find the lost treasure of the Inca's I would be happy to split it. Anything historical I keep, coins-tokens-buttons and such. After that I figured won't hear from them. Well tonight I get home and I have a voice mail, she said I have good news but I want to talk to you. Huh ? Maybe she lost something, in need of MD service, Maybe. Well I'll have to wait till Mon. to find out. To all of you that have made it through my post I wish you and you're family a Blessed Christmas and good forture in 2018. And all of you who ordered an Equinox a speeedy delivery. HH Mark

Attachments

• bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 20171222_111846.jpg
    20171222_111846.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 20171222_150014.jpg
    20171222_150014.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 20171222_195534.jpg
    20171222_195534.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20171222_112109.jpg
    20171222_112109.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 20171222_145958.jpg
    20171222_145958.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 20171222_195424.jpg
    20171222_195424.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 20171221_175517.jpg
    20171221_175517.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 129
Congrats on the finds Mark! Hopefully you get the go ahead to detect that empty lot. It's frustrating when people think we're looting ancient treasures and hassle us. I asked someone I've known for years to detect their property in Aliquippa the other day because an old 1876 map showed two homesteads there. He texted me back with this long message that looked like it was written by a lawyer. His main concern was splitting anything of value with he and his wife. I told him I'm always happy to show homeowners what I find in their yards and if anything of great value is found I would most certainly split the proceeds with the property owner. All I found amongst the thick can slaw and piles of dog poop in his yard was a quarter. I texted him a picture of it and he said to keep it!:D

Fred, thank you

Congrats on the finds Mark! Hopefully you get the go ahead to detect that empty lot. It's frustrating when people think we're looting ancient treasures and hassle us. I asked someone I've known for years to detect their property in Aliquippa the other day because an old 1876 map showed two homesteads there. He texted me back with this long message that looked like it was written by a lawyer. His main concern was splitting anything of value with he and his wife. I told him I'm always happy to show homeowners what I find in their yards and if anything of great value is found I would most certainly split the proceeds with the property owner. All I found amongst the thick can slaw and piles of dog poop in his yard was a quarter. I texted him a picture of it and he said to keep it!:D
I've had those conversations with property owners like that as well. They seem to think their sitting on buried treasure. So its really sweet when you get the guy who says- sure- go ahead- enjoy. I've been thin on permissions lately, so when the mailman gave me the go ahead it made my week. Unfortunately a tiny front yard, and the Etrac went nuts. I was extra careful with my plugs, the ground was perfect and sealed up well. Hopefully I can get an intro to a neighbor or two. Looks like we're running out of weather here. Merry Christmas to you and your family and a Happy New Year. Mark

Thank you sir,

Congrats on the silvers, WW I collar disc and the rest...nice digging before the ground freezes!
Thanks captain, looks like the door just slammed shut with this arctic air coming in. Looking forward to your posts in the new year. Question- what dates the US pin to WW1. How can you tell ? Happy Holidays Mark

Nice digs Mark, congrats! Better get out today because I think we are going to freeze solid very soon!

Back
Top Bottom