My greatest find ever!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Some of you guys may remember when I found this some years back. It’s a 1694 Austrian Kruzer 15 silver coin put inside of a sterling silver watch winder. It made Minelabs webpage and now resides in a museum in Florida.
42b1253569586e0cf37f53323f9b795b.jpg

525a8563452e8cf8bef70c8cf24c0f43.jpg

69ca6f6f6be1c0d976ba4c1ba001c0c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's stunning! Where did you find it? (not exact location of course, just what you feel comfortable sharing)

Also, how does it work with museum stuff? Do you donate it or? Just curious, thx!

That's stunning! Where did you find it? (not exact location of course, just what you feel comfortable sharing)

Also, how does it work with museum stuff? Do you donate it or? Just curious, thx!

I found it at the all girls private school where I found 50 plus gold rings, 25 of them were class rings, 100+ pieces of sterling silver and over 200 silver coins.

That is an incredible find CW... congrats that it is special enough to end up at the museum.

You must have been completely dumbfounded when you dug it.

What what was the determining factor for the museum to display it?

That's a totally awesome find! And for it to end up in a museum is quite impressive. How many people can that they have something that's in a museum?? That coin is considerably older than your oldest coin in your signature!:p

That's certainly one of the most unique items I've ever seen on here. Very very cool find.
Why did you put it in a museum? Was it found on some historic land or something??

I found it at the all girls private school where I found 50 plus gold rings, 25 of them were class rings, 100+ pieces of sterling silver and over 200 silver coins.

Geez. And I thought the high school I searched that had 6 gold rings and 20+ silver rings was a good one...

GOOD GRIEF...

Nice haul!

Skippy

That is an incredible find CW... congrats that it is special enough to end up at the museum.

You must have been completely dumbfounded when you dug it.

What what was the determining factor for the museum to display it?

Ty I was in total shock! I was offered a amount I couldn’t turn down for it. A collector from fla that runs a museum wanted it
That's a totally awesome find! And for it to end up in a museum is quite impressive. How many people can that they have something that's in a museum?? That coin is considerably older than your oldest coin in your signature!:p

I only have coins found in my sig from this year. Ty very much for the kind words
Amazing find Vic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ty bud
I remember when you originally found it. Just as awesome Now as then !!

Surprised you put it in a museum though. Why Florida?

Ty Jackalope! A collector that runs a museum just had to have it
That's certainly one of the most unique items I've ever seen on here. Very very cool find.

Why did you put it in a museum? Was it found on some historic land or something??

Ty bobac! A collector from fla really wanted it

Geez. And I thought the high school I searched that had 6 gold rings and 20+ silver rings was a good one...

GOOD GRIEF...

Nice haul!

Skippy

Lol ty

That's awesome! Great Find!

Ty
Wow, that's an awesome find! Congrats :)

Ty

That sure is a beauty CW! Wonder what the pedigree is of it? Like some sort of Austrian Nobleman...maybe belonged to that one guy who came over here to help train the troops during the Rev War?...Somebody like that...Congratulations and WOW!

Back
Top Bottom