New Poeple Not Feeling The Friendly?

IDIGMETAL

Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't think I am being a whiner of any sorts. Once again......... I will start over............... I am trying to start a thread that is in relation to the new people to and on this site. I have had some negative posts from some people on this site in regards to my initial posts and threads. I am wondering (within relation to my own personal interest) that if anyone new to this site has any of the same issues that I myself have encountered?

Last edited by a moderator:

If you invite drama, you may receive it. Learn to blend in with the crowd.

Why ask such questions? It is honestly the equivalent of whining.

I truly mean you no offense. Only want the best for anyone here, and my advice is worth whatever value if any you choose to give it.

It takes a minute to get to know someone, kick back and grab a seat...

If you are talking about not many replies on your posts, that's just how it is sometimes.

Sometimes people just glance at finds, and move on to the next post so they can see everything before they have to log off.

I've been excited about a find and posted it only to have 2-3 replies if that when I know hundreds looked at the post and said nothing.

Just how it goes some days...

I am new to this site and have had some very un-friendly interactions with some of my new peers during the first few minutes of my first thread . Oh well.. each to their own. Any Nube like myself had the same issue?

I know what you mean (your Native Canadian find thread) and unfortunately it does happen from time to time. BUT posting new threads dedicated to somebody being unfriendly isn't the solution. Forget it and move on....97% of us here ARE friendly and positive but nobody likes a whiner. :yes:

ignore them. I have had one vet flame me here but i replied by killing him with kindness and he trolled onto the next. I just left the expensive hobby of radio control rock crawling to do md'ing. I have no plans on buying into people and their drama. sucks when you are enjoying a hobby and people drag it down. if you ever need a question answered message me and i will do my best to help you.

I didn't see your thread, but I'm sorry you feel as you do. Seriously, most of us ARE friendly! There's always a bad apple (or more) in the bunch. Just try to ignore that, and make yourself available to those that are more personable. :yes:

I'm still relatively new.. .and, no.. I haven't had that problem. Again, there are a LOT of members on here. Not all of them see every post/thread, some will act as jerks, most won't. You just have to let that go. That's how forums work.

I went back and read ALL your posts sorry you feel abused. Maybe you came off a little strong. But 2 threads like this sure arent going to make you friends.

Dew

If you invite drama, you may receive it. Learn to blend in with the crowd.

Why ask such questions? It is honestly the equivalent of whining.

I truly mean you no offense. Only want the best for anyone here, and my advice is worth whatever value if any you choose to give it.

:hide: I'm just saying... I agree with Burbank Bob. There are "times", I'll admit, that I feel like I'm getting beat'n down by a forum member just because I swing the Stellar Yellar MD'r and get "mad/angry" at the poster for saying "bad things about it" (i.e. whatever those bad things may be... with a fairly small response back... well, try to at least). BUT I quickly just "move-on"... I KNOW what I've found and WHAT I found it with and had fun doing it :yes:;) That's all that really counts with me. ANYWAYS, I also "truly mean you no offense" and/or disrespect as well... just say'n :shrug:

On a more "positive note" I've read ALL your threads as well (i.e. I THINK) and I personally like the finds. REALLY interesting stuff whether it is made out of metal, poop/scatt/kcrap/sht (misspelling intentional of course :D), WHATEVER... REALLY cool finds.

FINALLY, Burbank Bob really IS a cool/nice guy so however you take his post... well, obviously up to you... I'm just saying that I've been on a hunt with him and he "TRIED" :laughing: to help me better understand the "intricacies" of beach hunting. So with his post here, I'm here to say that he means well with his words.

Either way, HH \_ to you and keep posting those crazy finds... just NOT the poop, of course... I was ONLY kidding about the poop!!!:laughing::p IF you do, at least, for the LOVE OF GOD, pull the little hairs out before you take the pic:laughing::laughing::laughing::p:yes: AND wash your hands BEFORE you touch the camera:p;):D:yes:

sorry people... for a quick double post... I

I just wanted to say that "those people" ARE NOT ski, terry, and a few others... I just don't want ski or terry to think that I get mad at them... by NO MEANS!!! I like ski and his witty humor and terry has tried to give some advice to me about things as well. Anyways, just trying to FINALLY, FINALLY SAY that there ARE "Friendly Forum Members" here, just don't take it the wrong way.

I'm done here.

take care Ski and Terry.

HH \_ to us all and just ENJOY the freak'n hobby... life is TOO SHORT!!!

this site is super friendly with GREAT mods

don't start combative threads or drama & we'll all live happily ever after

I agree sit back and watch a bit. I would have to call 90 percent of the people I run into on this forum as good friends..the other 10% i would have to put in the catagory of my dreaded step mother.

I have noticed in the past some replies to a newbies thread seemed less than friendly. I wondered how long the newbie would want to stick around if that's how he gets treated. A good rule of thumb is to never reply to a post while you are upset.

I have noticed in the past some replies to a newbies thread seemed less than friendly. I wondered how long the newbie would want to stick around if that's how he gets treated. A good rule of thumb is to never reply to a post while you are upset.

:goodpost:

I don't think I am being a whiner of any sorts. Once again......... I will start over............... I am trying to start a thread that is in relation to the new people to and on this site. I have had some negative posts from some people on this site in regards to my initial posts and threads. I am wondering (within relation to my own personal interest) that if anyone new to this site has any of the same issues that I myself have encountered?

Hang in there IdigMetal! This forum (and all others) is just High School - you have the "jocks," the "nerds," the "stoners" and "straights," and yes, the "bullies." Just look and listen a little bit before you jump into the shark tank and you'll be fine.

Thank goodness no one here has ever attacked me on a thread.. ;)

PS - I watching you Junk! :shock: ;)

From a personal point of view. When I log on to the Internet, I first have to deal with any emails.
Then I have four detecting forums to check, and post any news items up that I think may be of interest to others..
After that I have four other forums to check on, plus a couple of news sites to look at.
Then looking to see if I have any emails on my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.

That's apart from doing anything else that needs seeing to.

I don't get an awful lot of time to reply to many individual posts.

attachment.php

Back
Top Bottom