2017 Silver and Gold Totals.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I did find my first and only gold this year. I started this hobby in June of this year. Hadn't ever had a detector in my hands previous. I had thought about it for years, but finally bought my first detector in June. I put together my silver and one gold ring finds in this picture. Mainly for my own amusement, but I DO enjoy all your comments! Thanks for looking. I put the detectors away for the season. Looking forward to seeing you warm climate members finds until spring. Many of you have been such a help during these first months of detecting. Thanks! (I also included my Indians and Buffalos for good measure)

Attachments

• 20171219_162102_resized.jpg
    20171219_162102_resized.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 465
That’s a great haul for 6 months. I’m in the warmer areas so hopefully it will allow me to catch up with you. Where did you find most of your rings? I mean parks beaches not addresses. :laughing:

That’s a great haul for 6 months. I’m in the warmer areas so hopefully it will allow me to catch up with you. Where did you find most of your rings? I mean parks beaches not addresses. :laughing:

I wish I would have taken better notes on where i found things. I will say that I have never metal detected a beach yet. Those all came from parks, churches and curb strips. Here's a pic of my junkers (I still like finding the junk ones too)

Attachments

• 20171219_162458_resized.jpg
    20171219_162458_resized.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 424
Wow,you killed it already for being new to the hobby.Congrats on all those rings ,coins,and especially the chains.Those chains don’t come easy.

Big Super Congrats! You greatly out did me when I first got started by a lot. You're going to be 'hell on wheels' in the coming years as you gain more and more experience. You can write that down. :yes:

beephead

Congrats on the sterling items, the silvers, especially the Barber Quarter...the gold ring, Indians and the rest...you had a fine first season!

I wish I would have taken better notes on where i found things. I will say that I have never metal detected a beach yet. Those all came from parks, churches and curb strips. Here's a pic of my junkers (I still like finding the junk ones too)

That big thick CTR ring is a junker? (bottom right of the photo, with the curl in the band).

You might try giving that a polish, to discover it's silver. I've never seen one of that style that wasn't sterling. That totally looks brass in the photo, but again, I've never seen one that wasn't silver.

You've had some nice hunts, obviously. To have that ratio of silver rings to just one gold, though... makes me think you're skipping aluminum. LOL

Skippy

Yes truly a great performance for a complete Noob! Heck, thats a great haul for anybody! Good Work SW! Also great performance here on the Forum! :laughing:

That big thick CTR ring is a junker? (bottom right of the photo, with the curl in the band).

You might try giving that a polish, to discover it's silver. I've never seen one of that style that wasn't sterling. That totally looks brass in the photo, but again, I've never seen one that wasn't silver.

You've had some nice hunts, obviously. To have that ratio of silver rings to just one gold, though... makes me think you're skipping aluminum. LOL

Skippy

Its definitely a junker. It's rusted. I think it's an early one from the 70s made by the LDS church. They used to make fitted ones back then. Today the LDS church only sells the adjustable kids ones.Today, all the adult and sized silver ones are aftermarket ones. (Although I bet they have to pay a trademark fee for the CTR use)

Skippy

You're right. I have recently been digging more mid tones though. Especially in areas where the probability of gold is higher. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom