Do they still make the V3i ?...

I Dig WV

Do they still make the V3i ?...Are they a good detector ?..I don't see any posts on them.......

Do they still make the V3i ?...Are they a good detector ?..I don't see any posts on them.......

As far as I know.

That particular detector---not the easiest to master----takes some time.

IMO more EMI sensitive than most other flagships.

Nice color screen though.

Likes batteries too.

On the heavy side, with stock 10dd coil---where the coil connects to rod----causes an out a balance condition.

Cheers

Mine has served me well. Very happy with it.

The preset programs work well enough to let you "turn on and go" with good results. When you learn how to fine tune it to the area you're hunting, thats when it really shines. There is a bit of a learning curve to master the machine but its not that difficult IMHO. Like tnsharpshooter said, it just takes some time. The V3i does have a lot of settings that you can adjust, but most are just for user preference. Only a handful of them actually effect performance. If you decide to get one, just remember that you don't need to learn every single setting right away to be successful. Start with the presets and learn at your own pace. There is one setting I would suggest turning on right away though... and thats VCO. Makes pinpointing much easier. White's should have set this to ON by default.

They definitely still sell them. I almost bought one about 4 weeks ago. I love the three frequency
readings on a target and all the information it gives you for target identification. The learning curve
scared me away but I am still interested in some day giving it a try.

Rand

I took a hard look at the V3i a few weeks ago. I really liked 3 frequencies at the same time. I went with newer tech though.

There are some smoking deals on new V3is from some of the site sponsors, and they're frequently for sale used.

I have one and I almost sold it because it is a bit heavy (joints hurt so not that fun) but I found out that Whites has a kit that takes the entire handle with box off so you can put it on your hip, the kit also has a new handle to add in so all your swinging is the coil at the end of a light handle.

Right now I am learning my wifes ATP so I can teach her as we go.. but when I want to get back to the V3i I will be getting the kit as it will help with my pain.

Hip-Mount-Kit-in-use-600x457_zpsqbbgrzoa.jpg

The recovery speed for seperation, and maintaining good ground balance issues, bothers me. I've had one since 2010.

If you get one, don't put much value in the analyse screen results after 7 inch depths. The stock coil doesn't match up well with the aftermarket coils IMO. Mine does well on Detech coils, very well.

I'm running a Minelab now. It does make me dig more holes but the tones don't lie with my SE.

I will keep my V3i though. After 7 years, I know it pretty well, and given that I am hunting public spots with 6" or less targets, the analyse saves lots of digs resulting in trash. As a ring finding machine, with well known "loss area"...it's my goto machine.

For deep silver...I'll trust my Minelab SE every time.

Back
Top Bottom