Lesche/Sampson prices on Amazon

jl1252

Elite Member
Ok, I've always subscribed to the adage "if its too good to be true..." but today I was browsing Amazon for a new digger and noticed there was a seller by the name of "ANADIAZ" selling Lesche/Sampson shovels at ridiculously low prices.

For instance, the 18" T-handle with double serrations was ~$28 +s/h. Then I noticed the same seller had the 31" T and ball handle for about the same price as well as a few others. So I took a chance and ordered the 18" T-handle ($35 shipped) knowing that Amazon will refund my money if the seller flakes or turns out to be a fraud. I'm in no hurry since I already own a Deteknix Diamond digger and Predator shovel.

They have 200 pages of different household/outdoors/electronics products listed for sale and only one (1) review which was 4/5 stars. I assume that they are some sort of new wholesale drop-shipping business. Maybe they have acquired and are liquidating some other failed business' inventory. I have no idea. I have sent them an email inquiring about their low prices and where they ship from. We shall see if I get a response. Just wanted to pass along the info and I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller.

Attachments

• Inkedlesche amazon.jpg
    Inkedlesche amazon.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 489
I was ready to call it a scam, expecting to see the, "before buying from Amazon contact…" BS in the item description. But that's not there. So who knows, now. But the AtoZ does have you covered just in case. Keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a common Amazon scam for just about any product you can think of.

You'll notice those sellers are new every time.

I dont mind being the guinea pug on this one. Since placing the order the seller has updated their profile that they ship from Texas, so thats a good thing. I will definitely keep everyone posted...

Just checked out the amazon "store" for Anadiaz. There is no logic or structure to the site. Alphabetized, there are hundreds of items under some letters, and none on other letters. Nearly everything is either $27 dollars and change, or $28 and change with little relevance to normal cost. IF it were legitimate, it would have to be some kind of bankruptcy acquisition, it is certainly not stock purchased from a manufacturer for resale. As a extra odd bonus oddity, nearly every item has 15 in stock.

I am tempted to buy a Sampson, or a silky saw, or a MK diamond saw blade, but I have a hunch that no one will receive any product. Is this scam against Amazon? If payment goes directly to Anadiaz ( Ana Diaz?) and they simply do not ship, is Amazon responsible for reimbursement? And what hoops are there for the customer to jump through to get a refund? They could certainly generate $100,000 of sales over a month and then close up and disappear with the funds.

Is this scam against Amazon? If payment goes directly to Anadiaz ( Ana Diaz?) and they simply do not ship, is Amazon responsible for reimbursement? And what hoops are there for the customer to jump through to get a refund? They could certainly generate $100,000 of sales over a month and then close up and disappear with the funds.

The Amazon marketplace is used to process payments; most of the time, the charges are unsuccessful. But on the chance they are and it's a scam, all the customer has to do is call in and explain what's going on. We'll start the process of doing an AtoZ Guarantee claim. Sometimes it takes up to a couple weeks for the AtoZ team to investigate and reach a decision, and other times the reimbursement is triggered as soon as we file the claim.

The Amazon marketplace is used to process payments; most of the time, the charges are unsuccessful. But on the chance they are and it's a scam, all the customer has to do is call in and explain what's going on. We'll start the process of doing an AtoZ Guarantee claim. Sometimes it takes up to a couple weeks for the AtoZ team to investigate and reach a decision, and other times the reimbursement is triggered as soon as we file the claim.

Sounds like you work at Amazon?

Looks like it may have been a scam (shocking, I know). The seller no longer has any items listed for sale. I sent another email but we all know it will go unanswered...

We all knew it was too good to be true. I guess I will start the refund process...

Quick update...got a tracking number but it appears to be USPS number originating in China. Tracking number has the following format: LWXXXXXXXXXCN.

Im not very confident as this is a common scam tactic that originated on ebay. A buyer would make a purchase and later complain they never received their item. The seller would then generate a bogus Chinese tracking number knowing that items shipped could take months to arrive, thus giving the seller more time to disappear with the $$.

Interesting since the sellers original profile stated they were out of Texas...sigh

any new info..

thanks.

Yeah, Amazon issued me a refund. There has been no movement on the bogus tracking number. Oh, well...kinda knew how this experiment was going end, but part of me hoped it was some sort of liquidation sale or something.

When I called to request a refund the CS agent told me the seller's account was still "active" but had nothing listed for sale. I really hope they shut them down.

Back
Top Bottom