Rio Bravo treasure

horse

I?m not only new to this board but to treasure hunting. I?m on a x-country Expedition on horseback. I have a pack string and travel in a lot of remote areas. I started from Montana in 1993 and am no in Arizona. It?s been a long ride!

I will be riding to the Rio Grande River to El Paso Texas and follow the river for 1200 miles south to the gulf. I would think this would be a good place to treasure hunt. It is very remote with a rich history.

I have a large array of electronics that are powered by solar panels. This includes a TV, computer, camera equipment, ham radio, shortwave receiver, and an infrared alarm system to name just a few. I?m known as the Electric Horsemen. I have Xenon strops and turn signals on the pack horses (I spent 5 months traveling the streets of Los Angeles) my saddle has a GPS, Compass, fiber optic lights and a car horn. My helmet is equipped with a headlamp and radar detector to keep track of police.

I did a ride down Hollywood Boulevard. If the alarm sounds, I usually have enough time to get out of sight from where it is possible to get ticket.

I stop often to explore and play with the electronics while the horses graze. I have a lot of time to search for relics and stuff or even gems. I?ve always wanted a detector and now I am getting as not to miss out on the riches of Texas. At least what I would think would be a hot spot.

If anyone has any info on such a major trip, please let me know. I?ve heard tales of Killer bees, fire ants, rattlesnakes, bandits, and drug runners along the Rio Grande River. I?ve found in most of my travels that the dangers are greatly exaggerated and am sure this would be a good trip.

There are ghost towns on both sides of the river. From what I gather, people ride horses back and forth from Mexico to US to visit towns. I may be able to swim the stock into Mexico to do a little hunting.

I did work on a 10-inch dredge on the Klamath River and did some panning all along some of the California Rivers I can hardly wait to get a metal detector. I?ve wanted one since I was old enough to understand what they did!

My website is www.horsebackamerica.com

Thanks!

The only real trouble you might have is if you swim the stock into Mexico. Good luck, steve in so az

Back
Top Bottom