depth question

John S

Why is the older Fishers like 1266 or cz go deeper then the newer detectors. I have used all of the name brand detector top of the line one and they are not as deep as the cz's. When the ground is wet I can get a dime at 9" with a cz 5" coil and with some other the most you will get is about 7 1/2 to 8" on the dime. What did old Mr Fisher have to make the cz do this.???

I don't know the answer to your question John but, we have a Moderator "steve in so az" that will probably know the answer. Keep your eye on this thread.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Of course location/conditions play a role in detector depth as well as experience. I put in 18 years on my old Eagle Spectrum and tried many new detectors that I felt didn't have the depth as my old Eagle. I've got 6 years now on my DFX and it's a heck of a lot better detector than my Eagle was, but if you had asked me just 1 year after having my DFX, I'd said the Eagle was the deeper detector.

The common factor I see here is "the old (enter old detector of your choice) is better than any new one I've tried." but seldom do I see any where near the years spent on that new detector as the old one. Time spent with any detector will give you the illusion of being the better detector when compared to a detector you have less time with. In the vast majority of cases, it is only an illusion.

The key is to pick a detector with the features you prefer and get proficient with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom