Economic detector for jewelry

kompa

Well today l went to a local detector dealer and for the price of less than $200 the guy recommended me the compadre. It went off on a gold ring in "black sand" and none of the the bounty hunters detected it. He did have garrett ace and whites coinmasters but did not talk about them much. Basically he said the compadre. Do any other detectors in less than $200 also are good for dry sand beach hunting? Thanks

Well today l went to a local detector dealer and for the price of less than $200 the guy recommended me the compadre. It went off on a gold ring in "black sand" and none of the the bounty hunters detected it. He did have garrett ace and whites coinmasters but did not talk about them much. Basically he said the compadre. Do any other detectors in less than $200 also are good for dry sand beach hunting? Thanks

Spend a tiny bit of clad and pick up the ridiculously low priced sniper coil for your F4 and then GB and hunt in all metal for the best depth.
You might lose a little depth vs the larger coils, but the sensitivity is enhanced by several factors.
It will come very close to the Compadre in that area.
This coil will make it a whole new machine.
Get that Compadre too, however, because that thing is just from another world when it comes to tiny objects, and as good as the F series will be with a sniper coil on board, I think the Compadre is still a bit better when it comes to very small chains.

I use both and the amount and quality of finds when added up are about even if you factor in time spent with either, and both are so fun to use.
Especially when they find you the good stuff.

At that less than $200 range I don't believe there is much else to choose from, and none with a manual ground balance which would be helpful in this case.

For jewlery, no. Hands down I would not use any other detector in that price range for jewelry.

At the beach though, depth might be more an issue, so I would look at the new Compadre with the 8" coil.

Thanks to the two of you on your straightforward opinion. I use the stock f4 and hadnt thought about the $40 4" coil. And the detector im asking about is for my friend.
Smudge how much is the new compadre?

The best that can tell, the new Compadre with the 8 inch coil is the same price as one with the 5.75 inch coil.

There may be a long waiting list for those wanting to get the Compadre with the 8 inch coil.

I know I want one!:yes:

beephead

Thanks to the two of you on your straightforward opinion. I use the stock f4 and hadnt thought about the $40 4" coil. And the detector im asking about is for my friend.
Smudge how much is the new compadre?

List is $160. $150 shipped from kellyco with take10 coupon.

Here's what I found in 15 minutes with new Compadre

I found a 11.4 gram 14k gold with garnet ring in the 1st 15 minuts of detecting with my new Tesoro Compadre.

Attachments

• DSC03687.jpg
    DSC03687.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 195
Your F4 totally out classes the Compadre. It has adjustable sensitivity and ground balance and is an awesome line of detectors.
If I had an F4 with the stock concentric coil and wanted to do dry sand beach hunting I'd get the 11" DD coil for $127.50 and roll the rest into a long handle beach scoop. That way you are covering way more ground.
You might even be able to pick up a used 11" DD for the F4 on the forum classifieds for less.

Jimmyzr1 cool ring, i need to show mine off to when i find one.
Sgtwilks yea i know about the trash, but ill be learning little by little to dig less trash and more jewelry.
Milhaus i have the stock 11" but lot of people say the sniper coil is better on jewelry. Im going to get it, $40 not too much then ill see which works better for me.
Thanks everyone for your replies.

On a beach FORGET the trash. Its super easy to dig it all. so maybe you dig tons of foil and pull tabs, so what. The gold will be well worth the effort.

Some days I come home with over 300 targets, most trash. I clean out the area and find the gold. And I am good at it.

Back
Top Bottom