I'm NEW and I need HELP

bc462

I have no idea which detector to buy. I am willing to spend whatever I have to for a good detector. Although I don't want to go crazy. I'm going to the outer banks next week and would love to try detecting at the beach. Any help getting a good detector and where is the best place to purchase one within the next week would be greatly appreciated. Which store is the best or how can I find a store that specializes in detectors would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob C. in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Read reviews at this link:
http://metaldetectorreviews.net/
Then come back to this site if you have more questions. Sounds like you want a beach machine that can do it all.
Here are some local places to buy:
Hobbytown of Pittsburgh
3100 Robinson Lane
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
412-788-1000

Tim's Detectors
Imperial, PA 15126
412-600-1364

Hobbytown of Monroeville
4680 Old William Penn Hwy. Ste. 205
Monroeville, PA 15146
412-856-1722

Franklin Coin & Hobby
1500 W. Chestnut Street
Washington, PA 15301
724-228-8040

Check online for prices and get one them to match price.

Good Luck!

Hey Bob and welcome to the group. First off let me say that I have been detecting off an on for 25 years and I have never run into any one better to deal with than Tony at TCMETALDETECTORS.com known here as TonyinCT. Can't go wrong with him period for helping you come to a decision.
When making the decision choose about 2 or 3 models and read the reviews then give Tony a call and the will then give you the pros and cons of each after that choose the best on for your task. I will give you a couple of machines to start with based on my research. All the machine here will be pretty deep

Minelab Soverign GT- BBS(Broad Band Spectrum) technology It will allow you to search on dry land, dry sand, and wet sand moving from one to the other right after the other with no adjusting for ground. This machine has 17 frequencies to anyalize, to go slow for better results. (My pick) So many frequencies means increased chances to find as wider variety of stuff. It is very deep and accurate.

Tereso TigerShark- Also good for the land as well as the water. Water proof to 200 ft Has both a salt mode and a normal mode for everything else. About 600.00 and has a lifetime warrenty. Is good with small gold.
Whites MXT and M6- Both are really good machines for the land and dry sand, although could react to the wet sand due to salt. If your not going to the beach much one of these is hard to beat. Great all around.
Garrett ACE 250- The perferred unit for beginners, great machine and very accurate, as well as underpriced at 212.00. Hunts dry sand as well as the land, but keep it out of the wet stuff, it'll go crazy with false readings.
Terseo Cibola-Great machine deeper than the ACE but with a lifetime warrenty. Light , fast and accurate and the ground balance is set. Treat it as you would the Ace. A little over 300.00. Great all around

Last edited:
Welcome, Since your on the beaches I would really think about a water proof kind. And light weight so you can hit the beach for longer periods.

Welcome to the forums. Give me a call and I'm sure I can help you with what you need. I carr y all the major brands in stock.
Thanks
Tony
860-623-1153

Back
Top Bottom