Newbe

Teamleader

Hello all,
I am so new, I have not bought a detector yet! But am retired. My other hobbie was diving, my health forced me to let the air out of my tanks after 35 years. So I thought I would try metal detecting. My focus will probably be coin shootin, and jewlry. Land, water, beach... I am in the process of getting ready to buy my detector. I have my eye on the Fisher 1280-X. It sounds like it does it all.
If anyone here has any other recommendations please jump in. I have been reading a lot of posts, and it sounds like a great bunch of hobbiest's.
I am located in Fort Mill, SC. Trying to find a local club. I have nothing else to do but feed my birds, so I will probably jumb in to this with both feet.
Thank you all for any responses, in advance!

Team Leader
Jack Russell

You might want to consider the Tesoro Tiger Shark, depending how deep you want to go into the water. It's made for the water but does great on the land also.

Hi Jack - I lived for a short while in Fort Mill. Then went on to Charlotte. Welcome to the forum!

PS: Can I have your puppy?

Welcome to the forum. You might also want to consider a White's Beach Hunter.

Another option is one for the land and one for the water.

What they said

Welcome to the club. I based my purchase of a Minelab Explorer SE on info from this site. I hope you find the members here as friendly and helpful as I. Message me if you want my opinion thus far on my machine.

Welcome aboard, Paul

Back
Top Bottom