Memorial Day

Digginman

I spent last evening fishing next to a man with half of a foot. His name was Carl, now he's a Bluegrass Musician. He had lost his foot in Vietnam and his brother was killed 3 months after he arrived in country. The knowledge I learned can't be accured in a book.

Happy Memorial Day.

DM

flag.jpg

Good post! With all the kids(and older soldiers)that have died or been maimed in this war, I think it's going to be a sad Memorial Day.

My son spent 16month in Iraq first in Mosul and then Baghdad. The Marines and soldiers are doing their part.Its the politicans on both sides that have things screwed up!

My son spent 16month in Iraq first in Mosul and then Baghdad. The Marines and soldiers are doing their part.Its the politicans on both sides that have things screwed up!

Amen to that!

Several electrical workers in Local 53 have went over there(National Guard)and are very happy to be back; it's a sad deal for everybody.

One Proud American

War is never fun.

This past Tuesday I attended the mobilization ceremony for the 841st combat engineer brigade here in Orlando. That is the unit my little brother serves in. They are to be stationed in Ramadi, Iraq, in the heart of the Sunni triangle.

It is known by the locals, and by our troops as "the American Graveyard". It is the wild west of Iraq, a place where Syrian and Iranian influence, money, and arms are all prevalent. It is not the last place I would have him serve, it is the first. If we are to win this war, and we must, we must win the battles fought in that hell hole. If I could stand by his side and fight for our freedom, I would, and so should you.

Whether anyone is for or against this war, our troops are over there fighting those who would not allow us that same privilege. Those extremists want to kill every last one of us. Liberals, Conservatives, black, white or brown. We are all Americans by the grace of God. It is America they want to kill.

Today is Memorial day. Please do pay homage to those who have gave their lives to keep America free, and keep us all Americans. While we are eating ice cream, playing with our children, and pursuing our hobby, our troops are not.

Thanks to you all for reading my thoughts. May God bless you, our great Nation, and especially today, may God bless our troops. Col. Paul E Robb

My thought and prayers are with all of our troops. They should (must) be honored for their service and sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom