Night diggers

I hit parks at night in the summer months when it's too hot and am surprised at how many people are out doing just regular park stuff, especially the ones surrounded by houses.One group was playing soccer and got serious enough that the parks dept gave them permission and lights. It has turned into a midnight soccer league for Mexican restaurants. They take the whole family at first I thought it wasn't right having little kids up at 2am, but they are working long hours an have to get family time when they can. The parks dept here has their own police force. Park Rangers that are full fledged, armed cops. Several of our parks have gates that are locked at night but since there is only a couple of guys to lock different gates you never know if it's going to be locked up at 10pm or midnight. They will stop you but mainly to make sure your car doesn't get locked in. You can drink a cold beer in the park or have a picnic with a bottle of wine legally in a few of our parks, where it is not legal you need a brown paper bag. They draw the line at loud music, fighting and shooting. Old men with metal detectors are a low priority.

I'm retired and don't see a need for night hunting, I'm sure theres plenty who do, but it wouldn't feel right, especially in the cemetery! 8^)

I love night hunting. I would prefer it over any other time. It's quiet, peaceful and nobody bothers us. We have had the law show up a few times due to a passerby seeing out small light. Each encounter with the law was a good one. I can't find any reason not to do night hunting.

Sent from Tapatalk

when ever i have the time/strength left after a day I do. I am in the middle of no where, no human interactions night hunting. Problems with big ass yotes they call coywolves though.

Yep, pretty gruesome looking creatures! I found this carcas in a field not far from a road.I only pictured the head, the torso is a little gruesome, and probably not appropriate for a friendly forum. Ive run into a couple during the night hours, thankfully both times, they went the other way, and seemed more scared of me than I of them. Luckily, they didn't inspect my trousers :laughing: I used to hunt every night. Now I switched positions at work and havent hunted at night in about a year or so. Airmettango's advice was really good, stuffwrists too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-18-12-48-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-18-12-48-37.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 98
I've hit the beach in the dark several times but now wait until a hour or two before/after dawn/sunset. As already mentioned in this thread more and more creepies out and about anymore and I'm not looking for trouble. Even had a few approach me in full daylight! yikes!

I enjoy night hunting, usually in the ocean. I have a ball cap with 3 leds built in to the brim, only turn it on when i already have the target in the scoop, and as soon as i grab the target i click the lights off again, usually less than 30 seconds. If you make a habit of always facing out to ocean when you do this the few people on the beach have no idea you are even out there. I've seen some interesting things happening on the beach at night...

"In the Ocean" ? Hey, your a brave hunter Zeemang! Too many things with pointy teeth.

We used to have a nice safe little town but to tell you the truth there are a lot of areas in our town that I prefer a hunting partner in the daytime much less at night. I would not do night hunting in very many spots around here. It's not the same world I grew up in.

"In the Ocean" ? Hey, your a brave hunter Zeemang! Too many things with pointy teeth.

Last shark attack recorded in my state was in 1913, far more worried about stingrays. I have been hit twice hard enough to see a doctor and be on antibiotics and grazed a few other times.

Last shark attack recorded in my state was in 1913, far more worried about stingrays. I have been hit twice hard enough to see a doctor and be on antibiotics and grazed a few other times.

Used to dive, fish, drink beer and hang around the Fl. East coast when I was young. Late 80s. I remember having to do the shuffle with my feet because of those dang rays while walking in the shallows fishing for Reds n Trout. Lots of stingers down there.

I have hunted private homes at night before, never hunted a public place at night. You never know what kind of crazies you could run into.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What headlamps do you use? Been looking for a while.

I may have been out a few nights, but the statute of limitations has run:roll:. I carry a very small flash light and try never to use it. I let my night vision kick in and usually that's all. Best to get your digging done while you can, there will be plenty of time for cleaning when the hunting's done. Big lights can be seen a long way off at night. And they can attract all kinds of unwanted guests, from human to animal to insect. But that's just what the book I read has to say.

Back
Top Bottom