Black Garrett Pro Pointer speaker not working right

landuse

Hi all. I have had my pro pointer for about 5 years now, and it has never given me any issues up till now.

The other day I was using it in a hole when the buzzing just went all quite.....as if 80% of the volume just disappeared. You can still hear buzzing, but it is really soft.

I took the pointer apart and pulled the board out and tested it again. It was slightly louder, but I think that is just because it was out the case. I cannot see any visible damage, corrosion, messed up wiring etc. The speaker hole is also not clogged with dirt at all.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you fix it? Did you just send it back for repair? Is there something I can do at home to fix it?

I have been using my back up pointer, but it is just not as good as the garrett

Thanks for your time

If it’s not the battery and Scotterjims tip doesn’t work send it back.

I had mine for a few years and I think the moisture got to it which has caused similar issues. I just ended up getting the waterproof version and havent used it since.
But needless to say, if you dont cover that speaker with clear tape or something , over time that speaker will go bad if too much stuff gets into it.

Since I am hard of hearing I don't use the speaker anyway. I go by the vibration. Since I covered it with orange tape probably doesn't help. I am glad that I did though because i almost lost it yesterday but the orange tape made it easier to find.
ProPointer.jpg

Hi all. I have had my pro pointer for about 5 years now, and it has never given me any issues up till now.

The other day I was using it in a hole when the buzzing just went all quite.....as if 80% of the volume just disappeared. You can still hear buzzing, but it is really soft.

I took the pointer apart and pulled the board out and tested it again. It was slightly louder, but I think that is just because it was out the case. I cannot see any visible damage, corrosion, messed up wiring etc. The speaker hole is also not clogged with dirt at all.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you fix it? Did you just send it back for repair? Is there something I can do at home to fix it?

I have been using my back up pointer, but it is just not as good as the garrett

Thanks for your time

My Garrett Carrot is acting like that also. But I haven't looked into it yet.
I did bring my ATP by the Garrett manufacturing plant near me in Garland Tx when I thought it was acting up. They are awesome to work with and very reasonable on their repairs...a lot are free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom