Ace 250 on coin mode?

agbkyle

Forum Supporter
I don't seem to have much luck on coin mode. Signals just seem vague to me.
What's the trick, turn sensitivity all the way up on this mode?
Or am I better off just keeping it in all metal mode with sensitivity at 3 to 4 bars?
Thanks

I will use the coin & jewelry mode and sens. at about 3/4 of the way up on the scale. Sometimes I will use all-metal also. Good hunting and be safe.

John T.
John's Detectors

Well, thanks to all your tips, I got out this morning, put it on Jewelry mode with sesentivity way up and found my first V nickel.

Attachments

• v_nickel_front.jpg
    v_nickel_front.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 537
  • v_nickel_back.jpg
    v_nickel_back.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 526
I dont know about the others who gave advice but I always get a charge when someone does good on a hunt. Again congrats

Congratulations, that is a great find. I have never dug a V nickel before. Keep up the great work. I wish you more success with the Ace 250.

John T.
John's Detectors

I hunt mostly fields. I run in jewlry mode and turn it up til it starts to chatter then back it down one bar.

Ace 250

I currently am using a Bounty Hunter Lone Star and looking at upgrading to the Ace 250 is this a huge upgrade? I typically hunt the coins and jewelery in fields etc. Are there any cons to the Ace 250?

4 bars and jewelery is the way to go!

I don't seem to have much luck on coin mode. Signals just seem vague to me.
What's the trick, turn sensitivity all the way up on this mode?
Or am I better off just keeping it in all metal mode with sensitivity at 3 to 4 bars?
Thanks

4 bars and jewelery is the way to go I find!

Like everyone has said run the sensitivity as high as your are can.

Here is an air test for the Ace 250. All coins were silver except for the penny and nickel of course. S-8 is Sensitivity setting of 8, S-6 is Sensitivity of 6 and S-4 is Sensitivity of 4. Distances round down to the nearest 1/4". Notice that when the sensitivity is turned down so is the depth. It will be worst in the ground and depends on your soil conditions.

______________9x12 Coil - All Metal____________|____________6x9 Coil - All Metal
-
_________S-8_________S-6_________S-4_______|______S-8_________S-6_________S-4
-
1c_______10"_________9"__________7 1/2"_____|______9"__________8 1/4"_______6 1/2"
-
5c_______10 1/4"______8 3/4"_______7"________|______9 1/2"_______8"__________6"
-
10c______10"_________8"__________6 1/2"_____|______8 1/2"_______7 1/2"_______6"
-
25c______11"_________9"__________7 1/2"_____|______9 1/2"_______8 1/4"_______7"
-
50c______11 3/4"______9 3/4"_______8 1/4"_____|______10 3/4"______9 1/4"_______7 1/2"
-
1.00______12 1/4"_____10 1/2"______8 1/2"______|______11"_________9 1/4"_______7 1/2"

What surprised me was the half dollar and dollar wasn't detected as much as I thought it should be. The air test was repeated twice with the same results. Also, the distances were the same for All Metal, Jewelry and Coin Modes.

Back
Top Bottom