Ordered the Lesche just in time

CarsonChris

Elite Member
What a difference a week makes with park turf! Last week I could push my Garrett digger In easily and today it was almost as bad as digging frozen ground in January. The turf dried out. I actually gave up on a couple high tones since the ground was so hard. Hope the new Lesche cuts better!

It should. Used one for years but moved onto the White's (same great cutting but more comfortable grip by far).

I started with a Garret digger, it worked great for a month. I thought there was no need for any other digger in my dirt, and then one day it wouldn't dig.Turned out we had just had a month where it would rain about every 3- 4 days and the conditions were great for digging until it wasn't.

I started with a Garret digger, it worked great for a month. I thought there was no need for any other digger in my dirt, and then one day it wouldn't dig.Turned out we had just had a month where it would rain about every 3- 4 days and the conditions were great for digging until it wasn't.

That’s where I’m at here. Never knew sod was as tough as dried leather!

That’s where I’m at here. Never knew sod was as tough as dried leather!

The Lesche palm plate really helps get that point into the soil. I find in really tough soil, it's much easier to push in, then angle/leverage down, rather than trying to saw. Remove Lesche and repeat until your U-shaped flap is completed.

Skippy

I just picked up a "Grave Digger Sidekick", its a well built digger and very comfortable to use, I also have a "Whites" and a Predator Tools Raptor Model 31. The Raptor makes some nice plugs, but its a little wide and if the soil is rocky its difficult to use.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 166
What a difference a week makes with park turf! Last week I could push my Garrett digger In easily and today it was almost as bad as digging frozen ground in January. The turf dried out. I actually gave up on a couple high tones since the ground was so hard. Hope the new Lesche cuts better!

I live in the south filled with red clay, in drought conditions we just call it concrete.
Other diggers usually last for me for a few weeks or so in good conditions but then I have a habit of prying when I should be digging and we have some big rocks around here so that kills them pretty quick anyway.
Then I got a Lesche.
I can chop my way down through the concrete in drought conditions if necessary and crazy prying I tend to do isn't a big issue...most of the time.
Every couple of years I push the thing too far and try to pry up something up that just doesn't want to cooperate and I have broken two hand diggers so far.
Well, one broke in the dirt and another broke when I tried to hunt in the cold out west and prying up a super hard piece of ice did that one in.
These tools are extremely tough but they are not exactly indestructible.
No big deal though, I just send them back to the company and within a week or so I get a brand new one with a new sheath in the mail.

Can't beat the lifetime warranty and it is especially important when you have dirt like I do and abuse your tools a little to much.

Sampson shovel. No sore hands. No scratched coins. Neater plugs. Quicker plugs. Can be used for protection against man or beast.

Spend your time and energy swinging a detector. Not digging holes.

My Lesche

Hi ! :tiphat:

I bought my first and still "only" Lesche Standard Digger in June, 2008, (over 10 years ago).

I was out several times last week digging targets with my Lesche in ground full of rocks, some around 3" wide x 4" long and 6" down in the hole. I was prying with the tip of the blade pretty hard to remove those rocks and get down to the targets and my Lesche took it and never bent even a little !

A well made and extremely strong digger, used and abused, but with common sense. I had to pry with a lots of force, but was careful not to be reckless.

ToddB64

Sampson shovel. No sore hands. No scratched coins. Neater plugs. Quicker plugs. Can be used for protection against man or beast.

Spend your time and energy swinging a detector. Not digging holes.

excellent choice! next best thing to 'sliced bread" until ya get "pitched!"
then what? i don't care, may get one anyway! knees are screwed,need "help"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom