Added 6 more silvers

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
012.jpg

014.jpgLike most I have been taking advantage of the mild weather and have made it out for 6 hunts since the year started. 5 out of the 6 have produced silver. From my last post, the promising permission (also my last hunt there ) I was speaking to a neighbor and she had told me to come up, that I was welcome to try her yard. Just a small yard, the house dates to the 30s. Working it E-W, then N-S I picked up a little clad. When I started my diagonals search I switched to 5 k emi was pretty bad as I just about under the wires. First direction I picked up a few more dimes and a couple memorials, But on the opposite sweep I got a nice blip and a 26. I knew this place had to have at least one silver. With a 5in. plug I flip some dirt with my lesche and I see a Merc at the bottom of the hole. Two more nice quick high tones produced a couple Wheaties. The back yard gave up a fancy skeleton key eschteon and cabinet latch. I would like to go back and try to find the other part. I would definitely repurpose this somewhere.

My next outing I went back to the large cent site. I found almost 4 more dollars in clad, a wheatie , and the place gave up 3 more shiny, an old worn Merc and 2 Rosies. The Merc looks to be from the teens and with a mint mark but someone took a tool to it and I guess I'll never know the date. I got that around back and the Rosies from the front, not too far apart. About 5in. down. The next hunt not so good, a little over a buck in clad and one toasted wheatie.
[A

Yesterday I went to small corner lot I had gotten permission a day earlier, just 5 minutes from my house. About 2 bucks in clad and one wheatie from the 50s.Also a 71 child swim tag. Just down the street was a place I did last Nov. It gave up an SLQ, a few Mercs and a ton of Wheaties. So I decided to hit that to finish out the day. A couple memorials pennies. But then I got a wheatie and then a war nickel. The war nickel was a surprise, I was digging a deeper 22 signal. Turns out it was laying at the very end of a very big screaming high tone something. A little later digging a 20 I get a piece of foil and a recheck of the hole I got a nice 46 Rosie. That gets me to 10 silver fty. A marble and 25C play coin and another 3 Wheaties made for a pretty good afternoon hunt. This weather is spoiling me and I know too soon what coming. Good luck to all and thanks for looking in. Mark

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 535
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 513
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 495
Congrats on the half dozen of silvers! You can tell that some of those coins have seen better days but mostly you found some real good old dirt.

John, thanks. It seems luck has been on my side lately. I hope it continues. HH Mark

You are just killing it with permissions (despite losing that one) and silvers!

TS. Thanks, Yeah losing that one hurt. Probably my best ever. I need to stay aggressive with my door knocking. Without a doubt has been key to my success lately. HH Mark

Awesome Mark, congrats on digging more silver and other goodies. Nice to see a marble in the mix too.

Jason thanks, when I saw the marble I called it a Jason.lol Hope you don't mind. HH Mark

Still killing it up there!

Thanks Jerry, looks like today will be the last of the mild weather up here. Going about an hour north this morning. A buddy got Equinox and ask if I was up to help get him broke in with it. Said he had an old park to try it out in. I said Sure. You ever thought about one or happy with Deus ? HH Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some very nice finds! Congrats!

Thank you sir. Mark

Very nice hunts!

Vic, Thank you. HH Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice hunting Mark! I envy your skill at finding permissions, in four years I have still never hunted a private property. Congrats on taking advantage of the great weather and getting some silver! 10 silvers by mid January is very impressive!

What a great start Mark to this new year. Your hot streak is still cooking and does not look like its going to boil over anytime soon. Hope your weather continues to allow you to play in the dirt. Congrats on adding 6 more Silver's to the count on some mighty nice swinging. Trapper

Very nice finds! 6 silvers are awesome!

Lee thank you very much. HH Mark

Nice hunting Mark! I envy your skill at finding permissions, in four years I have still never hunted a private property. Congrats on taking advantage of the great weather and getting some silver! 10 silvers by mid January is very impressive!

Ron, thank you for the kind words. Door knocking just about triggers an anxiety attack but my lust for buried booty pushes me on. I like to catch people outside. Last week I caught 2, one was the corner lot and the other was a no. But a no is always a no if you don't ask. Good luck Mark

Congrats!! Very nice!

WR, Thank you and welcome to the forum. HH Mark

Congrats Mark , once again a fabulous post in all ways !

SS, Thank you. look forward to seeing some of your finds. Good luck Mark

What a great start Mark to this new year. Your hot streak is still cooking and does not look like its going to boil over anytime soon. Hope your weather continues to allow you to play in the dirt. Congrats on adding 6 more Silver's to the count on some mighty nice swinging. Trapper

Trapper thank you sir, and yes am very pleased to continue the silver trend. However it looks like we are running out of mild weather. I went about an hour north of Pgh yesterday to hit a couple old parks with a buddy who just got an 800. After almost 7 hrs. .52 cents in clad was the take. Lean one. My buddy, new to mding found a little clad also, but he did get an old wheatie spill, 7 in all. To watch him keep pulling coins and the smile on his face was well worth the trip. I think he's hooked. We'll see. Take care Mark

Back
Top Bottom