Boston area hunting?

Joe G

I'm going to be in Cambridge Mass.  for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone knows where one can hunt in that area?  Don't know what the regulations are.  I'm sure there are historical areas off limit.

Not looking for someone's spot  :grin: just want to know where I can go without getting arrested...  dirt / water; doesn't make a difference to me... ;)

Thanks,

Joe

Some one must know that area? Joe I would be very carefull so much is historic around there. cladius.

Cladius said:
Joe I would be very carefull so much is historic around there. cladius.

Yeah, I know... that's why I figured I'd ask first.  Well, if I don't hear anything definite about parks, there's always the water.  I went to a Massachussets MD club site and they pretty much listed all the normal types of places to hunt (schools, parks, water, etc) on a tips page.  We'll see...

Thanks!

Hi Joe
This is what I would do if I were you.
If you will have a car: Get on the Mass pike (rt 90) and drive west for 20-30 minutes get off and ask the farmer to hunt the woods on the edge of his field.

If you do not have a car: Get to the coast and go north or south along the coast or, look for a construction site and ask to hunt.

Our public transportation will bring you to populated areas only. I would not suggest it.

PM me and I will take you out in my area. Or meet up with you. I am about 45 minutes out of Boston (near the old farm) :yes:
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I'm going to be in Cambridge for a long weekend.  I should b able to get some hunting in but my wife has a weekend of siteseeing planned; historical tours and the like.  Basicaly, I don't think I'm going to be able to spend a lot of time hunting.

What I usually do is get out to where I want to hunt by sunrise and hunt for 2 hours or so.  By the time I get back, she's just getting up, I'm there, she's happy and I'm happy :)  So wherever I hunt has to be fairly close to where I'm staying (if possible) for the sake of my marriage :grin: As it is, she's letting me go alone to a forum hunt in May alone (she went with me last year) so I can't really complain. She's been great about my "obsession" as she calls it...

Let me know if you have any other ideas! Can you dig public parks, etc?

joe

Back
Top Bottom