How to find the best places to detect in public places

OZARKS

Forum Supporter
How can you figure out the most populated places to detect?

One simple technique is to go to a park or other public place one day and just sit and observe other people.

Figure out where they park. Grass areas near parking lots can be great places to find coins and jewelry. When people reach in their pockets for their keys, coins can fall out...or rings can even fall off fingers without the depositor knowing that they just lost their ring.

Likewise, observe where the adults sit while watching their kids play. Those areas can be great places to find goodies.

At local ball fields, observe where the concession stand is set up. Also observe where people sit to watch the games. Those areas can be nectar sectors.

Basically, become a people watcher. Pay attention to peoples habits and what they do in these areas and you can help narrow down some high traffic areas that may hold some nice finds for you.

Walking trails shouldn't be overlooked either. Some of my best coin shooting has been on walking trails.

Ball fields, parks, outdoor flea markets, fruit/vegetable stands the shade trees at the ball fields, park benches. All of these have paid off for me. Good luck and hh

2 parks in my area have movie nights just about every weekend in the summer months.
I have gone there and checked out where they put the big blow up screens, and over the next few days I hunt the big area in front of it.

Tons of tabs, pop tops and a bunch of clad plus a few junk rings so far, but there will probably be more.
Oh yea... I did find are real nice 14k wedding band at one of these parks, also.
It I was in the middle of nowhere and I wondered how it got dropped there, but when I saw an advertisement for a movie night at this particular park, a lightbulb turned on my head and I knew.

In Bama, Ryanchappel and I hunted an area like this in another park.
I ran over an area that had a quarter spill...14 quarters very shallow within a 2' square area.
Mystifying, but he figured out that this was where churches set up some concession stands for the families and somebody evidently spilled their cash box and didn't find all the quarters in the grass.
I was running with my Vaq and a 10X12 DD coil that day.
You should have heard all the signals at once in my headphones that I heard when I ran over these things.
That was fun...I would like to do that again.

Back
Top Bottom