Anyone from NE Ohio?

Lisa10xxx

I'm new at this so if anyone is from NE Ohio and would like someone to go hunting with and who will probably ask questions (lol) let me know! :tumble:

ref ne ohio

I live in NE ohio but I dont think my wife or the divorce court judge would think you are a metal detecting buddy........sigh....:( welcom to the forum though!

Welcome Lisa! We actually have a group specifically for Ohio MDers. Click on "user CP" in the top, then on "social Groups" on the left and find the Ohio group and click on it. Somewhere there should be a "join group" button. Click it and you're in!

Happy Hunting :D

Lisa10xx, I hope you didnt take that the wrong way, it was ment to be a compliment, I guess I have a stereo type in my mind as to what a MD type person looks like and well Im obviously incorrect.

Lisa10xx, I hope you didnt take that the wrong way, it was ment to be a compliment, I guess I have a stereo type in my mind as to what a MD type person looks like and well Im obviously incorrect.

No, I know what you ment that's why I laughed and thank you for the compliment! Now, I think I will feel funny detecting since I don't look like a MD person, whatever that type is (wink) I'm just kidding! :p

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! :D

I'm not sure how far I am from you, but I am a fellow Ohioan! (Well, not by birth - I'm originally from England!) I live in the tri-state area. (OH, WV, PA.) Actually, not really that far from Beefcake. (Hi, Beefcake! I know I've been M.I.A from the forum, but I'm back!) :spin:

To say I'm a metal detecting nut would be an understatement, and I'm sure you'll catch the bug if you stick with it! If you're close enough to my neck of the woods, I'd be more than happy to do a bit of hunting with you! :yes:

~ Edited to say that I just checked on a map, and you're about 2 1/2 hours away from me.

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! :D

I'm not sure how far I am from you, but I am a fellow Ohioan! (Well, not by birth - I'm originally from England!) I live in the tri-state area. (OH, WV, PA.) Actually, not really that far from Beefcake. (Hi, Beefcake! I know I've been M.I.A from the forum, but I'm back!) :spin:

To say I'm a metal detecting nut would be an understatement, and I'm sure you'll catch the bug if you stick with it! If you're close enough to my neck of the woods, I'd be more than happy to do a bit of hunting with you! :yes:

~ Edited to say that I just checked on a map, and you're about 2 1/2 hours away from me.

Thanks Truebrit, that's nice to offer to go hunting with me but 2 1/2 hrs. is a long haul with gas prices the way they are, unless we were going on a hunt with a group that got permission to dig at a good site that you almost for sure would find something. I am trying to stick with this detecting stuff but it does get frustrating when your digging up mostly pull tabs or other junk! Hopefully, I will find something worth telling and showing soon! :(

Lisa,

I completely understand! 2 1/2 hours is quite a long drive. It would have been nice to go on a hunt together, though!

Don't lose heart because of all the pulltabs and junk you're digging up! If you persevere, you WILL find something interesting. It took me a few months to find my first wheat penny, and from then on, I seemed to find them all the time!! Same with my first silver coin - I have a collection of them now! Stick with it, and as you gain experience, you'll be more in tune with your machine, and find yourself hitting some great targets!

(And don't forget to post pictures of them here!) :D

:bouncy:
Lisa,

I completely understand! 2 1/2 hours is quite a long drive. It would have been nice to go on a hunt together, though!

Don't lose heart because of all the pulltabs and junk you're digging up! If you persevere, you WILL find something interesting. It took me a few months to find my first wheat penny, and from then on, I seemed to find them all the time!! Same with my first silver coin - I have a collection of them now! Stick with it, and as you gain experience, you'll be more in tune with your machine, and find yourself hitting some great targets!

(And don't forget to post pictures of them here!) :D

Maybe, some good hunt will come up and be central to both of us and we can go and meet! :yes: I am trying hard to stick with this but if I'm going to get all hot and sweaty from digging I sure would like to find something more than a pull tab! I can think of better ways to use my energy! :bouncy:

Lisa,
What kind of detector do you have? I hunt all over N.E. Ohio. I'm From Wooster Oh.
I would be happy to set up a hunt and give you some pointers as needed . I have been setting up hunts for for the Dfxonly forum for 4 years now. I hunt with beefcake 5 or 6 times a year.
I will try my best to put you on the good stuff. Just let me know?
Don

Hi Lisa, I'm in NW PA. Sounds like there are a lot of MD'er in our area, would be nice to get together for a group hunt.

Lisa,
What kind of detector do you have? I hunt all over N.E. Ohio. I'm From Wooster Oh.
I would be happy to set up a hunt and give you some pointers as needed . I have been setting up hunts for for the Dfxonly forum for 4 years now. I hunt with beefcake 5 or 6 times a year.
I will try my best to put you on the good stuff. Just let me know?
Don

Hi Don,

That would be great to get a hunt going with a few other detector enthusiasts, I could learn a lot and would be fun to meet new people! I have a White's Spectrum XLT detector, I basically just use the preprogrammed modes on it and go! I know how to adjust to make my own programmed mode but have no clue as to what is a good set mode to put in so I never use any other modes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom