Deus HF coil users, especially relic hunters

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I had a gent respond to me over on the detector prospect forum.
He lives in England and got to telling me how dissapointed he was in the ellliptical HF coil performance in polluted sites with wet ground using the more traditional programs.
He said he had been doing well with gold field program.

Well today I tried the gold field program in my detector testing site.
Ran mostly the elliptical HF coil, but did run the round HF coil using gold field program a little bit.

Using gold field program is definitely an added weapon with Deus and HF coils -both of them.

I don't think I Have seen a comparison video here of the round 9" LF coil vs the 9" round HF coil.
Well anyway, I've got news for folks here, the HF round coil will it seems based on my testing best or tie the using 14.4khz vs running the 9"LF coil at 18khz.
Flip the freq to 28.8 kHz on HF coil and some things get even better.

Also of note here.
Gold field program comparing the 9"LF coil and the round 9" HF coil.
Again using 14.4khz seems to kick the 9" LF coils booty when using highest frequency. Separation and unmasking.

I don't know what XP did to the round HF coil, but believe me, they didn't just add higher freq bands and call it a day.

Thought I would share.
Gold field good for polluted sites, open field relic hunting. Both HF coils.

Strange thing happened today too.
Elliptical coil in gold field program giving tone,,Imauspected iron by the signature /behavior. Flipped to hot program, no signal,period. Spent a lot of time over this target. Even 0 disc full tones no signal. Reactivty settings the same between the hot and gold field program. Only way I could get a signal in hot program was dialing disc down to -4.2.. Tone pretty good here but adjusting disc down just a tad more -4.5 tone better. Turned out to be a sizeavle piece of iron. Will post a pic. Quarter in pic for scale.
119uyyf.jpg
f

Running gold field program targets don't have to be so flushed sweep wise to locate.
A user can check targets using more typical program after locating suspect.
Beware doing though,,today when I checked a couple no way in high heavens would I have dug.
And both targets tuned out to be nonferrous. Button and piece of lead,,pretty big too.

Forgot to say, using elliptical a HF coil down the barrel testing using nail and higher conductive coin, coin can be slid in more from nail's end and give signal using gold field program compared to other programs.
IAR setting maxed for hunting today and for the test I conducted after getting back.
Cheers and happy trails.

thanks for the info. I'm liking the 28 kh in my relic program. I don't care for gold field but will keep a open mind about it.

thanks for the info. I'm liking the 28 kh in my relic program. I don't care for gold field but will keep a open mind about it.

Well, if you have made some nice finds in an old site. Go back there and run gold field-- you might be surprised. Trust me.

I sound like a Deus salesman don't I.

I'm not just a user who has bought a lot of stock in their company.

Look down, you'll see.

I had a gent respond to me over on the detector prospect forum.
He lives in England and got to telling me how dissapointed he was in the ellliptical HF coil performance in polluted sites with wet ground using the more traditional programs.
He said he had been doing well with gold field program.

Well today I tried the gold field program in my detector testing site.
Ran mostly the elliptical HF coil, but did run the round HF coil using gold field program a little bit.

Using gold field program is definitely an added weapon with Deus and HF coils -both of them.

I don't think I Have seen a comparison video here of the round 9" LF coil vs the 9" round HF coil.
Well anyway, I've got news for folks here, the HF round coil will it seems based on my testing best or tie the using 14.4khz vs running the 9"LF coil at 18khz.
Flip the freq to 28.8 kHz on HF coil and some things get even better.

Also of note here.
Gold field program comparing the 9"LF coil and the round 9" HF coil.
Again using 14.4khz seems to kick the 9" LF coils booty when using highest frequency. Separation and unmasking.

I don't know what XP did to the round HF coil, but believe me, they didn't just add higher freq bands and call it a day.

Thought I would share.
Gold field good for polluted sites, open field relic hunting. Both HF coils.

Strange thing happened today too.
Elliptical coil in gold field program giving tone,,Imauspected iron by the signature /behavior. Flipped to hot program, no signal,period. Spent a lot of time over this target. Even 0 disc full tones no signal. Reactivty settings the same between the hot and gold field program. Only way I could get a signal in hot program was dialing disc down to -4.2.. Tone pretty good here but adjusting disc down just a tad more -4.5 tone better. Turned out to be a sizeavle piece of iron. Will post a pic. Quarter in pic for scale.
119uyyf.jpg
f

Running gold field program targets don't have to be so flushed sweep wise to locate.
A user can check targets using more typical program after locating suspect.
Beware doing though,,today when I checked a couple no way in high heavens would I have dug.
And both targets tuned out to be nonferrous. Button and piece of lead,,pretty big too.

Forgot to say, using elliptical a HF coil down the barrel testing using nail and higher conductive coin, coin can be slid in more from nail's end and give signal using gold field program compared to other programs.
IAR setting maxed for hunting today and for the test I conducted after getting back.
Cheers and happy trails.

Good info! Thanks for the post!

Relic and coin hunters hunting polluted sites.

Gold field is for real.
Xy screen use can really aid you in distinguishing nonferrous from ferrous.
Gold field will find coins, relic with sweeps when they are positioned in nails, running traditional programs with settings just won't perform.

I have been looking at the elliptical HF coil here mainly. I love it using gold field.

Folks hunting ghost towns, IMO the cat's meow.

Back
Top Bottom