3+4 before the 5-8"...

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, got out last night for probably my last hunts in awhile...looks like Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon might drop multiple inches of snow, so if I get to do any hunting it will be saltwater beaches for awhile... Hunted our rev field for a bit, funny thing about this field... Out of the 3 guys that have pulled silvers out of here, im the only one that hasn't found any that matches the era of the rest of the coins coming out (late 1600's-late 1700's). My 3 silver coins from this field in the 8-9 times I've hunted it were a rosie, a merc and a silver Washington :lol: while other's finds were reales, pistareens, hammered silver's :laughing: my oldest coin came from this field though. A King William 3 copper. Still hard to argue with silver though...I then went and hit a ballfield for about an hour. About half the plugs I tried digging were unsuccessful. Too frozen, finally I got a 5" 12-45/46 and went for it. Another merc :D wish I could keep this ratio up the whole year, I could have numbers like historyfinder :yes: as always thanks for looking folks, and happy hunting!

Attachments

• 0114181830a.jpg
    0114181830a.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 0114182055b.jpg
    0114182055b.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 345
  • 0115181023.jpg
    0115181023.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 0115181023a.jpg
    0115181023a.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 353
Nice hunt Jeff! You have been getting out quite a bit. Well at least somebody is getting out! Its not me!:laughing: :snowtruck:
Keep it going! HH DD

Show off... ;)

If you start having hunts like HistoryFinder, you are going to have to bring a wheelbarrow out with you to cart off the silver. I would have a heart attack if I ever had one of his typical 30 silver hunts ;)

Jeff, congrats on the two mercs, you're on a roll. Temps are suppose to be in the mid to high 40s this weekend. Hoping to get out on Sunday for a hunt.

Last edited:
What ? An east coast post that ISN'T an LC, colonial copper, or Bust ? I'm bored . Remember: You guys have a handicap: Just to make it fair for the west coast guys, your show & tell must be 1850 or earlier. Tsk tsk.

Oh, but I do like the in-situ reveal merc pix :)

Nice pair of Mercs Jeff, good to see you are still able to dig.
I had a rare window of opportunity to hunt Saturday and came up with.46 in clad :lol:
Congrats on a great start to the year!

Glad you got out a beat the bad weather. Congrats on adding the Merc's to the treasure chest. Hope weather does not stay bad for any extended length of time. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom