Metal detecting Magazines?

I used to subscribe to lost treasure but stopped because like 5 out of 12 issues were about gold/nugget hunting (something I don't do). Overall it was an OK magazine, I would give it a 7 out of 10. I hear Eastern and Western Treasures is a good one also, Gonna have to try that one out soon. :yes:

I quit all my subscriptions years ago. It's the same articles every year, every single year. It doesn't take long to get old.

I let my subscription to Lost Treasure run out after a year. As was stated above, much of it was of no use to me. It had stuff I like, too, but for $35/yr., that stuff was not worth it.

I enjoy reading them, but they just cost too much now.

When I started detecting (granted, it was almost 40 years ago), a subscription was about five dollars a year.

Also, I have hundreds of old treasure magazines that, except for the new detector reviews, have about the same stories that they are publishing now.

I'm afraid that the double whammy of higher prices, and internet discussion boards like this one, have really hurt the circulation of all periodicals - not just treasure magazines.

Back
Top Bottom