Thoughts on this scoop?

That’s the most annoying comment ever.

To the op trust me in don’t get much sand/beach hunting in living in West Virginia but even that’s enough to say don’t waste your money, get BBC a quality scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come on, I am sure I have made more annoying comments than that... :lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• 519-11720_1f.jpg
    519-11720_1f.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 179
I actually bought one of those specifically to use with my hand held scuba tector, mainly when snorkeling on vacation. I was surprised how sturdy is, works really well in that application but wouldn't ever use it other than that.

Just my two cents......:cool3:

8 hrs of detecting in comfort ? THE KOB has been doing something wrong (yes he's wrong) for all these years. I've never hunted that long , even when young , and not been in some pain.

Well it’s true, I do go detecting here on Lk Michigan for 6-8 hrs and I’m pushing 72. I have my detector set up with carbon fiber shaft with counterweight. It is more comfortable to balance carry my larger size SS scoop than to drag it behind me. It’s not bad carrying it that way. It’s not a light scoop, its 8”x9” SS with a 4’ wooden handle. I’m just not comfortable dragging it.
Doug

Well it’s true, I do go detecting here on Lk Michigan for 6-8 hrs and I’m pushing 72. I have my detector set up with carbon fiber shaft with counterweight. It is more comfortable to balance carry my larger size SS scoop than to drag it behind me. It’s not bad carrying it that way. It’s not a light scoop, its 8”x9” SS with a 4’ wooden handle. I’m just not comfortable dragging it.
Doug

How far do you usually walk ? How many targets dug ? HUGE pain factor !

I'm thinking of purchasing this scoop but I would like to know what the experts think first. It would be used mainly for the beach and loose soil. The holes are 1/2" inch round. I'm not sure what the brass probe is for.

I used a plastic scoop in the dry sand when I first started. It was fine for about a year before it broke. The good thing about plastic in the dry sand is you can run it over the coil to confirm you have retrieved the target.

If plastic is what you really want, go to a pet food store and get a grain scoop for about $7. Drill 5/8” holes and there you go.

R5

There's a plus to dragging a scoop; it shows where you've been. I drag my SS, wooden handled scoop when wading then use the line it leaves as a guide on my return trip.

I used one of those hand scoops when I was a teenager. It worked OK, but even back then it became somewhat of a pain after a couple of hours. Now, as I approach 60, I don't think I'd last 30 minutes with a hand scoop. Opted for a nice stainless steel scoop with a long wood shaft. It's a bit heavy so I take a lot of breaks, but it sure cuts down on the digging time and is easier on my back!

I just bought it because a few said that it was built well that it might be worth a try. It was only $10. I only hunt between 1-2 hours a day because I have a beach very close by. I am 65 and in pretty good shape. Thanx for all the replies. I'll let you know how it worked out after a few uses.

Nice scoop from Kellyco that can be compact for travel, but extended so you're not constantly bending over...

Nice looking design for sand - would seem to do well with the mesh vs. holes. Could get bent up if tossed around and wonder if it's sturdy at all. Could definitely use some kind of plate on back for kicking and reinforcement.

Has anyone tried it?

Nice but I’m not being tethered to a sand scoup dragged it behind me. That would ware me out.

You would be surprised how much difference the tool lasso makes in carrying a scoop. I put it on my belt. Hand the scoop handle down and that takes the weight off my hands and arms.

I tried all the other methods and the lasso beats them hands down. '

I'm thinking of purchasing this scoop but I would like to know what the experts think first. It would be used mainly for the beach and loose soil. The holes are 1/2" inch round. I'm not sure what the brass probe is for.

I got this scoop the other day and I used it in beach sand. The scoop was well made and the holes are smaller. It worked well and it did not interfere with the detector or my carrot pin pointer. Now as long as my body holds up the scoop should work quite well. IMO, it was worth the $10.

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom