Garrett Propointer Falsing?

randy

Forum Supporter
Anyone else had an issue with the Garrett Propointer falsing. I like to prod and scrape the hole pretty hard with it -- poke it into the dirt and the like, and it falses when I do that. If I don't put any pressure on it, it doesn't. Tested in a hole scanned and known to be free of targets. Does it all the time now and never used to.

Anyone else encountered this. Has mine gone bad?

I thought mine was today until i discovered a tinny backing to a earring...
When i first got the propointer i gave it a 8 but now that i have used it a few times i will give it a 9 1/2.

Mine does the same thing...When tip is pressed against anything, it sounds off...Didnt do this when first used. Problem developed later...:mad:

I have never had that problem with mine, but now that someone brought it up, i will really pay attention. What would you rate the durability of it?

Mine will do that a little if I push hard on the soil, but it only gets really buggy/weird if the battery gets really low. Then it is find again after I change the battery.

havent seen that with mine either but, ill keep an eye out also. i did have one incident where it was firing off with the dirt in my hand but nothing was there. i was wondering if it was some old iron residue that had degraded into nothing.

Back
Top Bottom