Anyone have the Garrett detector backpack?

Malone77

I don't plan on buying a Garrett MD, but i would like a backpack to carry mine. Does anyone know if any metal detector will break down and fit inside or just garrett models? Thanks.

I have the big Garrett backpack and I love it! Lots of internal pockets, shovel loops, padded straps, waist strap, etc.

Seems to be a well thought out pack for what we do.

I recently posted this on another thread but it seems appropriate here. It is my medium alice pack with frame. It can be had online or at your local army/navy store for cheap. You can strap anything to this frame (100+ lbs) and this thing can handle it.

IMG_0011.JPG

I recently posted this on another thread but it seems appropriate here. It is my medium alice pack with frame. It can be had online or at your local army/navy store for cheap. You can strap anything to this frame (100+ lbs) and this thing can handle it.

IMG_0011.JPG

When you go out hunting how many days do you go out for...that's a vacation pack...:laughing:

I have the big Garrett backpack and I love it! Lots of internal pockets, shovel loops, padded straps, waist strap, etc.

Seems to be a well thought out pack for what we do.

X2. And I will add. It holds all my gear for two detectors with room for lunch and snacks. I don't leave home without it.

I haven't been able to find another backpack like this one made by other companies, that's why I was wondering if this will fit other brands other than Garrett. Thanks!

Well some detectors will and some won't. You should list some of the detectors your interested in and maybe someone can comment on what size bag it will fit in. I'm not sure if I have the same Garrett backpack that everyone is commenting on but mine is the one that came with the AT Pro. It is a large backpack and it fits a ton of stuff but to me it is very thin and cheaply made. I am not impressed with the quality of mine.

Well some detectors will and some won't. You should list some of the detectors your interested in and maybe someone can comment on what size bag it will fit in. I'm not sure if I have the same Garrett backpack that everyone is commenting on but mine is the one that came with the AT Pro. It is a large backpack and it fits a ton of stuff but to me it is very thin and cheaply made. I am not impressed with the quality of mine.

I'm going to purchase the X-Terra 705. The bag I'm speaking of runs for about $50.00 and has a bunch of pockets and straps. Looks pretty quality. I haven't seen other brand packs out there like it.

I haven't been able to find another backpack like this one made by other companies, that's why I was wondering if this will fit other brands other than Garrett. Thanks!

I think most detectors break down into 3 - 21 to 24 inch lengths. A tape measure is your friend.

Yeah it is thin, but so far I have found it to be tough. Like Sonny said this thing goes everywhere with me and all seams and zippers are good to go.

I am going to pick up another one or 2 though because I'm so used to using it I want to keep things the same as I wear them out.

Mine was starting to wear out. I happen to come across a hunting backpack at Costco. I don't remember the brand but I will post it later. It's a semi-rigid bag and extremely durable. It's also my favorite color, camo. I was running an AT at the time and not only did the detector fit nicely in the bag, there was a bow carrier on the outside of the bag that you could hang the detector from instead of taking it apart while trekking from one spot to another. I will post pics of the bag with my AT hanging on it. The SE that I run now sticks out of the top of the bag if I only break it in two. I have not tried the SE in the bow carrier yet.

Mine was starting to wear out. I happen to come across a hunting backpack at Costco. I don't remember the brand but I will post it later. It's a semi-rigid bag and extremely durable. It's also my favorite color, camo. I was running an AT at the time and not only did the detector fit nicely in the bag, there was a bow carrier on the outside of the bag that you could hang the detector from instead of taking it apart while trekking from one spot to another. I will post pics of the bag with my AT hanging on it. The SE that I run now sticks out of the top of the bag if I only break it in two. I have not tried the SE in the bow carrier yet.

Definitely post a pic. I would love to see it.

I saw the Garrett Back pack and I would never buy one!
Here is what I use to pack detectors for a long hike.
I have a Ansell military medium pack on a Titanium frame that I bought at a yard sale for 10 bucks.
I also have a coupple of mountian trecking packs that are well padded that I also picked up at yard sales for about 15 bucks each . Lots of pockets to hold gear.

Garrett makes two backpacks, so it seems. One looks super cheap and the other looks pretty nice with lots of pockets and room for a metal detector. It's 21in long, and I don't know if a Minelab X-Terra would fit inside completely disassembled. If so, I would buy it.

The first pic is the "packaging" from the backpack. The second one is with my AT hanging on the back of it. The "bow carrier" really works nice for carrying the detector when you don't want to take it apart. One of these days I'll take a few minutes to see if the Explorer fits on the "carrier". This is the most comfortable backpack I have ever worn. Try one of these on if you find one. It is very well made and has many pockets because it's designed for hunters to carry all their gear. The large pockets on each side will actually carry a full size thermos for those of us who need our coffee. I'm actually thinking of bringing it to someone to see if I can have zippers put on those two large side pockets so I can make it a little smaller when I want. I bought it at Costco and if I remember right it was either $40 or $50 which seems very reasonable for what you get.
2012-10-24_17-31-31_658_zpsf4a7138e.jpg

2012-10-23_20-47-33_653_zpsfbad2f2c.jpg

This is the Garrett backpack that I have. I liked it when I first got it but it slowly started to deteriorate and i baby all my gear. There really is no comparison to the quality of the two packs especially if they are in the same price range.
1651800_deluxe_backpack__66801_zoom_zpsab84c6c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom