Lesche, left sided teeth

Awww.... looks like the predatortools.com website is gone! All that is there is a bunch of links! :(

Thanks for finding the previous "teeth on the right or teeth on the left" thread cliff!

The holding company for Predator Tools is Pamela Lesche Enterprises in NJ (listed number). When ordering my digging tool in July I had to contact them on the phone as the links were dead or dying then. They had both right and left hand models. Pam Lesche was very nice and told an abbreviated version of the post that George Lesche made attached above. She added that George was the sole maker of the tools in a shop behind the house and this was in addition to his full time job as an iron worker. Pam and their son handles the rest, shipping and such, making the company a true home based business.
It is likely that they do not need or can handle the volume advertising produces. As you can see the product sells itself.....if you can find them. I do think they are still in business and hope this helps someone looking for a Predator tool.

I did this mod a long time ago to my Lesche. It cuts great! In fact since there's teeth on both side you don't have to sharpen it often. Draw a line across from the factory teeth to mark for the new teeth. Then use a chainsaw round file to cut the tooth. It's easier to make a groove at 90 degrees to the blade that is about 1/8 deep. Then angle your file in the groove to make the final cuts. Then flip it over and file that side until you have a razor edge groove. This new side cuts better than the original so I used the file to sharpen the factory teeth.
DSCF4621.jpg

I used a dremel tool to put teeth on other edge. Also measured off one inch increments and engraved lines on face of blade to help me know how deep the hole is.

Back
Top Bottom